DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
If you are having issues getting on the site...AT&T has blacklisted our IP for no apparent reason. Basically...if you use AT&T to connect to the internet...you will not be able to get onto ChalkBucket right now. Please feel free to give them a call and complain.

Hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

AT&T Work Around

and after you have loudly complained to AT&T, direct your browser to Anonymouse.org and click on your choice of language. After that, enter the chalkbucket web address. Bingo. You are in.There are ads in the free version of anonymouse but it is a safe site and very helpful for blocked addresses.

It seems very interesting that we are only blacklisted on AT&T???

It seems very interesting that we are only blacklisted on AT&T???
Are you on a shared IP, or do you have your own server (even if it is hosted)? If you're on a shared IP, it's possible that some other domain/site on your IP was infected with malware or was sending spam. It appears that there's no reverse lookup for your IP, which makes me think you're on a shared IP (additionally, you don't appear to have SSL, which would be a reason for a site such as this to have its own IP). It looks like SuddenLink Communications owns the IP address block the site is on. Maybe contact them.

We must have a lot of ATT people because it has gotten very quiet around here....

Are you on a shared IP, or do you have your own server (even if it is hosted)? If you're on a shared IP, it's possible that some other domain/site on your IP was infected with malware or was sending spam. It appears that there's no reverse lookup for your IP, which makes me think you're on a shared IP (additionally, you don't appear to have SSL, which would be a reason for a site such as this to have its own IP). It looks like SuddenLink Communications owns the IP address block the site is on. Maybe contact them.

We are on our own server...with a few other websites that I run. All the sites on our server run on the same IP.

Where are you finding the info about SuddenLink Communications???...I have never heard of them.

We are on our own server...with a few other websites that I run. All the sites on our server run on the same IP.

Where are you finding the info about SuddenLink Communications???...I have never heard of them.
JBS are the other sites suffering from the same blacklisting?

They own the block of IP addresses you're on. It's a large block, so it's quite possible that your ISP or hosting company has purchased the rights to the section you're on. That stuff isn't registered, so it's harder to find out about. You can look up who owns IP blocks at https://www.arin.net/ .

It's quite possible that it's not your IP specifically that's blocked, but the subnet or block you're on. Unless reverse lookups are fruitful for nearby IP addresses, it would be nearly impossible to tell without asking your hosting company. Your IP doesn't seem to have a reverse lookup, but if you have multiple sites on the same IP, then that's normal.

They own the block of IP addresses you're on. It's a large block, so it's quite possible that your ISP or hosting company has purchased the rights to the section you're on. That stuff isn't registered, so it's harder to find out about. You can look up who owns IP blocks at https://www.arin.net/ .

It's quite possible that it's not your IP specifically that's blocked, but the subnet or block you're on. Unless reverse lookups are fruitful for nearby IP addresses, it would be nearly impossible to tell without asking your hosting company. Your IP doesn't seem to have a reverse lookup, but if you have multiple sites on the same IP, then that's normal.

I am still seeing nothing about suddenlink on arin...where exactly on the site are you finding this info?

We are 50.28.5.246.

Sent from my iPod touch using ChalkBucket mobile app

I'm having kind of an odd issue. I have AT&T so I was blocked but I got on with anonymouse. When I click on some posts, it logs me out for some reason, even though I have the Remember Me button checked. It doesn't happen with all of them, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern of when it happens, but it's really annoying to have to log in 6 times in 5 minutes.

I spent over an hour on the phone with AT&T yesterday over this very thing. I can access the site at work but not at home. After I jumped through all the hoops to prove it's not a problem with my computer, the tech put in a trouble ticket. After reading the rest of this thread I'm not sure it will help, but at least I tried.

It just occurred to me that unless there is a mass email sent to members about this issue, then if they can't get on the site they won't read this about why they can't get on the site, KWIM?

Forgive me if you already thought of this but I know I didn't get an email so maybe there are people out there on AT&T that don't know.

And as I typed that do you think the reason we are blacklisted is the fact that we use the acronym T&T so much they think we are infringing on them? LOL

It just occurred to me that unless there is a mass email sent to members about this issue, then if they can't get on the site they won't read this about why they can't get on the site, KWIM?

Forgive me if you already thought of this but I know I didn't get an email so maybe there are people out there on AT&T that don't know.

And as I typed that do you think the reason we are blacklisted is the fact that we use the acronym T&T so much they think we are infringing on them? LOL
We know for sure there are many members who have no idea that the Chalkbucket is still up and running. They probably think the site crashed. JBS put a note on to the CB's facebook page for those who check that, but not much else we can do really. NO idea why it is just of us, Plenty of sites have T&T in them, and they are all still there. Grrr. I will mention to JBS about an email.

AT&T did not remove our IP from their Blackhole List...however...you should now be able to get on the site. Please test and see if you are able to get on through your AT&T connections.

AT&T did not remove our IP from their Blackhole List...however...you should now be able to get on the site. Please test and see if you are able to get on through your AT&T connections.
AT&T user and still cannot access site without anonymouse.org...

AT&T user and still cannot access site without anonymouse.org...

Try later on...I'm hoping it's just going to take a bit of time and it will work.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back