Parents Back bends and bridges..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aau is out to lunch. they've been out to lunch since 1964 when USGF took over as NGB. the aau routines ARE the USAG routines and then they modify them. stupid is as stupid does.:)

This concerns me. I hope they align better with the new changes coming up. AAU is our only option. There are no USAG gyms in my area or for hours in any direction. Given the current situation, would you consider it unwise to allow a child to participate in an AAU program? I am totally baffled as to why our gym is not USAG.......

Also, about back issues, is a BHS somehow OK when a walkover is not? Since the BHS appears in L4 while the walkover does not show up until L5, it seems as though they are considered differently when it comes to back safety.

This concerns me. I hope they align better with the new changes coming up. AAU is our only option. There are no USAG gyms in my area or for hours in any direction. Given the current situation, would you consider it unwise to allow a child to participate in an AAU program? I am totally baffled as to why our gym is not USAG.......

Also, about back issues, is a BHS somehow OK when a walkover is not? Since the BHS appears in L4 while the walkover does not show up until L5, it seems as though they are considered differently when it comes to back safety.

I was wondering the same thing about the back handspring in the level 4 routine.

Our gym currently does AAU for level 2 and 3, then swaps to USAG. Next year they are swapping to all USAG...

Have you asked the coaches why AAU instead of USAG? I got the impression at our old gym (they also did the first levels as AAU) that part of it was to save parents a little bit of money in those years where competing is really kind of just training since AAU is a lot cheaper (my son is USAG and his meet fees and membership fee are all much higher than for my girls who are AAU).

Dunno...
Do the AAU follow USAG rules regarding membership of coaches on the floor at competitions. Are those banned USAG members free to coach at AAU competitions?

I was wondering the same thing about the back handspring in the level 4 routine.

Our gym currently does AAU for level 2 and 3, then swaps to USAG. Next year they are swapping to all USAG...

Have you asked the coaches why AAU instead of USAG? I got the impression at our old gym (they also did the first levels as AAU) that part of it was to save parents a little bit of money in those years where competing is really kind of just training since AAU is a lot cheaper (my son is USAG and his meet fees and membership fee are all much higher than for my girls who are AAU).

I have asked. A few times. And I have gotten different but vague answers. Cost was one. Distance to meets was another.....which makes a lot of sense. We already travel for hours to get to meets and I believe that we would have to travel further to compete USAG. And lastly, we are a low-hour, low-pressure gym and probably would not do well in typical USAG JO track. But I would think Excel would be the answer to that. I think a big part of it comes down to is "we have always been AAU and it is easier to just stay that way." I could be wrong. I may have to ask again.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back