Back from the DR and good news

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

Well if you remember 3 months ago my DD had severly low Iron and was dehydrated. After 3 months of iron treatments and a new drinking schedule along with a multi vitimine with iron added, She received a clean bill of health today. Iron is finally up to normal, the drinking schedule is working to keep her hydrated, and she will still have to take the multi vitimine with iron basicly forever to make sure she is getting what she need. Lord know she doesn't eat alot to begin with (never has).

Dr is happy, I'm happy, DD is happy. Yippy!!!

it was a relief!! we started only doing a month and each month they added 2 weeks then 2week etc. then the blood drawn. I was starting to really worry it would never come back up. You know you've been to the blood girl too often when they know who you are before they even look at the paper.

Great news, that much be such a relief for both of you and I am quite sure she will not miss all those blood draws!

That is great! Can I ask what her symptoms were, just out of curiosity?

She was complaining of being dizzy to the point she felt like she was going to fall off the beam, tired easily, Nausea, headache and very very pale.

I though she just needed to eat before practice as she always waited until after to eat and she only complained when she was on beam which is her least favorite event and has a history of "going to the bathroom" alot when beam time came. After a week or so of her complaining I took her to the DR and she was dehydrated and her Iron was severly low to the point that they were considering admiting her to the hospital for a few days. I felt the an awful mom at that point but things are good now.

The Nausea and headache was more from the dehydration so once we had her drinking more that resolved. The dizzyness took a little longer but now that her iron is back to normal all the symptoms are gone and she looks less pale ( she has that ivroy skin to begin with so she will always be pale) She now feels alot more energetic and now is more into the practices. Even the coaches have noticed the difference in her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back