Coaches Bar releases?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymishome

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
What do you do for gymnasts who just cannot seem to catch the bar for any type of release? I've got a few that no matter how easy it is, they can't seem to hang on! Even if they're the perfect distance away. Ping after ping after ping...

depends on what the release is, but standing on a bar and jumping off the bar and then having to catch and hold on will help.

depends on what the release is, but standing on a bar and jumping off the bar and then having to catch and hold on will help.
Thanks! It's for a few different ones..geingers and straddle over, half turn catch to move into markelovs, to name some

Grip strength, Grip strength, Grip strength. Did I mention grip strength? Are they able to climb the rope 3 times in a row with no legs? Catching a bar at high speed and hanging on takes a bunch of strength as long as catching isn't a fear thing and assuming they are close enough with good hand position.

They can hang from something ledgelike with their fingers like a chin up or in a hang. I use a beam but then they have to chin up. The fingers should be on the top, not the whole hand. Just hold by the fingers.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back