WAG bar setting question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I wish I didn't know about the darned bar settings!! Dd has been in tears all week again over this. She is making the jump now with the bars set on 4 but her legs are bent and she's getting fussed at a lot. I'm not sure what to tell her! It's definitely a scared/discomfort thing.

Of course coaches adjust the bars to their gymnasts setting at meets.

I'd be very worried about any coach kayjaybe that didn't adjust the bars at a meet to what the kid practices on. Perhaps the bar setting was already set. I highly doubt any coach would get to a state meet and just shrug their shoulders and leave the bar set wherever.

And for the record an 18 year that is taller can have the same bar setting as an 8 year old. Perhaps they both use the fig setting. DD's gym has only 2 settings they use: FIG and what the girls call wide.

This is how our gym handles as well -- at least among the Optionals (I have no idea what the compulsories do). They are either on FIG or Wide setting. My dd swings on FIG settings.

I have to ask about her height! She was under 40 and vaulting on the table? How much did she weigh? My daughter is prob 41" and weighs about 35 lbs and we just cannot find a springboard that she can budge! Therefore vault isn't really happening. :/
There must be a way to punch harder? Did your daughter do punching drills?
Thanks!
I missed this when you posted it - yes! She was that small and went over the table - it was very hard at first but she is now a great vaulter - she is now 10 (49 inches and 50+ pounds) and has a pike yurchenko that is competition ready and layouts and twisting yurchenkos in various stages of training... When she was little they took out springs but she now vaults on Fig height with Fig springs.

she is now 10 (49 inches and 50+ pounds) and has a pike yurchenko that is competition ready and layouts and twisting yurchenkos in various stages of training... When she was little they took out springs but she now vaults on Fig height with Fig springs.
WhooHoo! We only need a few more inches then!! Dd can flip it, but can't get on the table (consistently) at fig! She's 46 in

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back