Bars Fairies Please!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
So I have gymnastics tomorrow, and I am DYING to get my kip. And not get a rip! I perform so bad when I get a rip (I have my "peaknuckle" easily,was doing peaknuckles, ripped, then could go about halfways into sole circle and then failed.) I really want my kip! And I am so close! I already have a few skills for the next level up, so I really want to move up after this competition season. Thanks!

Good Luck with your kip... remember to be patient, follow through and wait until you are rising up, don't try to rush yourself on top of the bar.

What is a "peaknuckle"?

Thanks! A peaknuckle is slightly hard to explain, but I'll try my best. You do a sole circle, but insted of going to the top of the bar to catch the high bar, you go almost to the top of the bar then let go and do kind've a back salto off. You let go early so you don't hit your head. You do it like a dismount off the low bar.

Good luck making your kip!! Please let us know how it goes! I actually just got mine back two weeks ago. Turns out all I needed was a springboard to help me out. :)

Good Luck :) you sound like me.. I'm extremely close to getting my kips and i desperately need them before my comp in 3 weeks :S i have training this afternoon and hopefully tonight is the night :) the only thing i do wrong is my timing is a milli-second off!! Gets me really frustrated! But wishing you many wishes and post when you get them :) how exciting! Do you only need a kip to move up?? Thats all I need :)

The kip is one of those skills that seems to come and go. Don't worry too much about it, you'll get it. From what my dd tells me, it's all in the timing. Good luck!! :)

Well, I would do better in meets if I had a kip, so they don't move anyone up until they have it (unless they're REALLY weak in bars and nothing else). Its nice to have it, ya know :p ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back