WAG Best Bars Ever for DD!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD had a private lesson and had an 'ah hah' moment on that darn glide... Later DD goes to bar practice and and makes her straddle cast handstand! 15 minutes later her coach said "If you haven't made a kip, you have 3 tries to make one and the whole team goes on the tumble track!" Her teammate made two for the first time. :) On her last try DD glided... toes... knees... KIP! DD isn't typically a bar worker so when she made it everyone was surprised and started cheering! :)Then she made it again! :) :) She didn't make anymore though. She couldn't make one for me and the end of practice but coaches and bored level 8's waiting for a beam confirmed that she made it. Sorry for the brag but DD had no idea she would even be close to her kip tonight. Brag over. Thanks for reading.

* any more
Not anymore. Sorry... Tired

Don't give it anymore significance than it's worth, because it doesn't matter anywhey.

So that's pretty good news about your dd. It's always nice to experience some positive mass hysteria, even if the mass is just one kid.

That's awesome! I know our girls will burst into applause for their teammates when they get a skill. Especially one as difficult as the kip! You should be proud: go ahead and brag! We love to hear the girls success!!

UPDATE: DD is back from practice and didn't lose her kip! There was no Saturday practice due to Derby. Also, any good grip brands? DD is size 0.

Size 0 is small. We like bulldog kippers for the small girls at our gym. They are narrower and thinner and the kids seem to have an easier time breaking them in. They are more expensive. Did her coaches tell you to purchase dowel grips?

UPDATE: DD is back from practice and didn't lose her kip! There was no Saturday practice due to Derby. Also, any good grip brands? DD is size 0.

I totally recommend grips by Ginnasta USA. My daughter has worn 10.0 single buckle, reisport velcro buckle, supergrips with velcro, and supergrips double buckle. It was time for new grips again and a coach I know from a gym we compete against told me about these Ginnasta USA grips, so I ordered them for dd. When dd took them out of the package, she was super excited to try them. It's is fine to use water on them, you can use a grip brush on them, and the BEST part is that there was ZERO break-in time for these things. Dd was able to do her normal bar workout after testing her new Ginnasta grips with only a few swings. And they aren't expensive either. For us, they were under 40 dollars for the grips and shipping. My dd told me last night that she doesn't want to ever try another kind of grips and these are now her favorite ones. Even the other kids on her team want to try them now

My DD is a fellow Ginnasta grips girl. She has the zebra velcro ones and absolutely loves them! I also have to add that the customer service is top notch as well! She also says she will never switch brands again!

UPDATE: We have decided on ginnasta black Velcro grips with turquoise long wristbands. DD thinks they will go with the team leotard perfectly. Also, it would help to have two pairs of wristbands?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back