Parents Brag alert! My dd's a KIPPER!!!! ...and it only took a year!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JoyAvenueMom

Proud Parent
Okay, so I just had to share with others who would have a clue what I'm talking about. DD was VERY excited to get her kip this weekend, and wanted to tell everyone she knew. The reaction was the same for almost everyone: "That's great! What's a kip?" :confused: She would tell them, "It's a bar skill that's so hard, Gabby Douglas wrote a whole chapter about it in her book!" LOL So, so, so proud of her determination!

Congrats! Has she read Shawn Johnson's book. I read interviews where she said the kip was the HARDEST skill she ever got and it took her a whole year too. Your dd is in good company.

Yay! The kip was a long time coming here, too. It does teach them a wonderful lesson about hard work and determination paying off. You must be so proud!

That is great! My dd got her kip last week too...only once and it wasn't the prettiest kip, but she made it. Hers has been a long time coming as well and she was really excited. Congratulations to your dd!:D

I totally agree! Getting her kip taught my DD that she can do anything with enough hard work and determination! It has "spilled" over into school and academics!

Congrats to your daughter!! She should be proud of herself!

Well done - I understand in the US its vital to get that to move on ( its not tested here until higher levels) DD is so close to hers and I understand your dd's frustration in not getting it. She has shown a great work ethic.:)

Yep...the kip seems to be that first skill that a lot of gymnasts really struggle with - it is often the first test of real determination to keep working at something when it doesn't come easy. Finally getting it is a valuable life lesson that hard work pays off. Congratulations!

Congrats! Has she read Shawn Johnson's book. I read interviews where she said the kip was the HARDEST skill she ever got and it took her a whole year too. Your dd is in good company.

I'm totally excited with this news about glide kips. At last I've found a national team member I can totally agree with! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back