Parents Brand new level 4 in our house...little DD meet report!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Little DD had her in-house "meet" on Saturday. Our gym uses these meets as a way for girls to move from level 1-3 before going out to "big" meets as L4's.

My little DD has been training L2 for a little over a year...she started when she was 4 years old, turning 5. She struggled and struggled with bars, fear of the high beam, and with strength. She's also been doing TOPs training for a little over a year...and struggled with a lot of that too! But my DD does not give up...she has overcome many things in her life! We knew she had a decent chance to get her required score to move out of L2 at this meet. Here is how it went...

Vault...9.0 3rd place (out of 3:p) (What more can you really say about the L2 vault?)

Bars...9.45 1st place (way to go!!!!:D check out her pullover on the video!)

Beam...9.0 2nd place (she is terrified of the arabesque and still didn't really do it but everything else was much improved)

Floor...8.95 3rd place (fell on her handstand trying to make it really straight and hold it. Oh well!)

AA...36.45 2nd place and good enough to finally get out of L2!!:)

Since DD trains TOPs she gets to skip L3 and go straight to L4 and she is SO excited. She is bouncing all around the house trying to do the L4 floor routine already (she knows alot of it already!) The look on her face at the meet when the coach announced that she had "her score" was priceless. I am so glad we stuck with this through all her struggles this year. I know there will be many more...and we'll see how it goes but today I am just so proud for her!

So next season, I will have a L4 and a L5 competing which will make for a lot of long weekends at travel meets since they are usually on opposite days of each other! (but I will secretly love every minute of it...well...maybe not EVERY minute!;))

Thanks for reading and for all the good wishes. The video is up and she is at prime cuteness level, if I do say so myself!:)

Very Cute! Her scores are really high. It seems she will be ready for Level 4 next season. Congratulations!!

When will she test for tops?

Very Cute! Her scores are really high. It seems she will be ready for Level 4 next season. Congratulations!!

When will she test for tops?

Thanks. She has a LOT of new things to learn...and a lot of work to do...for L4. She won't compete until January so I am hoping that will be enough time to get ready. She started L4 yesterday and it was a HOOT watching her try to learn those detailed arm movements on the beam and floor!

She won't test TOPs until next summer since she won't turn 7 until 2011. I am glad, too because she is nowhere near ready!!!:p She has loads of trouble with those L hold leg lifts!!! (but she can still do more than me:D)

We are going to be cheering Liv on this summer for TOPs! She is going to ROCK!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back