WAG Bun hairstyle that is guaranteed to stay in! Finally!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

After extensive research, I have found a bun that is backwards roll friendly, can be done without bobby pins (though if you have them you can/should use them), requires no donut or anything like that and most importantly is guaranteed to stay in on any event.

The Lace Braided Bun

I just thought I should share this with you all.

You start the hair in a ponytail with a section of hair pulled out. Then, using the hair from both the section and the ponytail, french braid the hair. Then, simply tuck the end of the braid into the ponytail hairtie (they don't show this in the photo, but there is a little spot you can tuck the hair through, and stick it into the hair tie. About 3:35 in the below video, they show it)

92358e6fda18b71abdb4070bd226b87c.jpg

Here is another image of it (less descriptive, but different agnles)
ba0c1357064d63afea3a22f22f660685.jpg

Here is the tutorial. As you can see, it's super easy!

It is similar to this hairstyles (if you want something sort of different)

Thanks for reading all the way down to here. If you try it, post a picture!

Well the only skills you need to have is french braiding / lace braiding (french braiding from only one side). It looks a lot more difficult than it is, really. ;)

Yeah I've done this style before its actually easy:) its really just French braiding in a circle. I did it a little differently I did a pony tail with a little bit of hair left all around it out and then gathered from that

But I can't sew a button and people say that's easy so i think it just depends, and my kid has the worst hair ever I think this world fall out doing gymnastics pretty sure the only thing that's going to make it stay is what makes it stay in ballet- gel

But I can't sew a button and people say that's easy so i think it just depends, and my kid has the worst hair ever I think this world fall out doing gymnastics pretty sure the only thing that's going to make it stay is what makes it stay in ballet- gel
Definately - Gel all the way. Maybe you're right with you kids hair, but I tested it out in practice (3.5 hours) and it stayed in with no problem. Granted, it didn't look as perfect as in the beginning, but then again I didn't use any gel or bobby pins. I guess it could depend on the type of hair as well, but honestly for me it stayed in better than a regular ponytail.

Well the only skills you need to have is french braiding / lace braiding (french braiding from only one side). It looks a lot more difficult than it is, really. ;)

I wish that I thought French braiding was easy. I am skilled at many things, but this isn't one of them, unfortunately. I may give it a go next week on my DDs hair though. Just for fun, but not with high expectations.

Ooh I am definitely going to try this! I have been practicing French braids in both my DD and have improved a lot. Lace braids are a favorite, I think I can do this one.

I wish that I thought French braiding was easy. I am skilled at many things, but this isn't one of them, unfortunately. I may give it a go next week on my DDs hair though. Just for fun, but not with high expectations.
Omg, this. I so wish I was more skilled. I practice while watching YouTube tutorials...to no avail.

Oh, I noticed something for people trying this. In the first video, around 3:35 when she tucks in the hair under, she doesn't tuck the braid INTO the hairtie. That is absolutely essential for it to stay in

It's pretty but it would only really work on hair like the girl in the video. My daughter has fine, wavy/curly hair and not nearly as much as this girl has. I may have to try it to see if there's a variation I can manage though.

That looks very cool!
I'd love to try it one day with my DD, but she's got that sickness* that every single part of the braid would have to be absolutely perfectly even... which would cause much angst!!! But I could probably get her to let me try for fun :)

*said in jest!!

It's pretty but it would only really work on hair like the girl in the video. My daughter has fine, wavy/curly hair and not nearly as much as this girl has. I may have to try it to see if there's a variation I can manage though.
I think you're right. I tried it and mine has just too much hair.

Yup, that's a huge nope! I tried six times. I just can't manage- its pretty far above the combination of my skills and my daughters huge mass of hair. I do still think it's gorgeous though!

I tried it on my friend! Turned out okay (medium thickness, mid back little shorter maybe). I did it while we were waiting at trackpracgice tho, so I didn't get a picture[emoji34]but it did look nice and held up for practice! I thought it was a bit hard, and I definitely think the hair has to be similar to the one in the original post.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back