WAG Buyer Beware

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Please remove if inappropriate. However, I feel it is necessary to share this warning to the gym community.

I have joined the list of customers that may never see product or a refund from this gymnastics company.

If I had done a simple google search prior to investing over $10,000 with this company for new mats and equipment in the past year, I would not be where I am now, wondering if I will ever get an honest answer or a dime back from them.

Please see the recent news story that ran in Maryland about them. I am not one to publicly bash a company but what they are doing to gyms and programs is not right. Please watch the news story and judge for yourself and go ahead and google their name if you want more horror stories from their customers and employees.

http://www.wbaltv.com/money/tiffin-mats-customers-stuck-waiting-for-orders-refunds/36523068

Also, any advice out there as far as recourse a consumer can pursue? Would my credit card company fight for a refund on my behalf? Can I call their local police and report it as a theft? At this juncture, I just want my money back.

File a dispute with the credit card company, asap. Time is not on your side but let them know you never got the product and the credit card should refund the money. Good luck!

Reactions: sce
In the UK I think you can pursue it through the small claims court- you can file yourself, no need for lawyers.

Don't suppose you paid by paypal? You could raise a claim for non-receipt of goods.

But first step is your CC. With luck they might recover it for you.

Definitely call your credit card company.

I ordered something online in July. I returned it in August. They sent me a gift card instead of refunding my credit card. I called them in early September to ask them why they did that and said I wanted them to refund my credit card. They said they would, and it would take 5-10 business days. I completely forgot about it and didn't remember until the end of November. I found the amount had not been credited. I called company again, and they said they see they were supposed to refund me, not sure why it didn't happen, and said they would do it again, and it would take another 5-10 business days. I tracked it this time, and when it didn't happen again, I called my credit card company in December. I was pretty sure they would tell me tough luck, since the original transaction was in July. But they immediately refunded my money and said they would investigate, and it was possible it would be overturned based on their investigation. I got an email a few days later saying the investigation found in my favor.

Much less money than your situation, though. But definitely call your credit card company.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back