BWo on beam...HELP!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok so im learning my bwo's on beam. I am having the problem of pulling my leg. I just cant pull it over enough! plus, I am saggy in the handstand part. I REALLY need this skill. my coach just tells me "pull your leg, stay tall" but it isnt getting better!! sugestioins/tip/drill would be great! thx:)

Hmm that is a tough one. Well, what I would say is keep your head in, and as your leaning back bring your leg with you so your body is straight from your arms to your leading leg. And for your handstand, focus on keeping them straight, do some arm conditioning maybe? Well that's what I got for you hope it helps!!! Good luck!

Are you sure your not my daughter LOL.

for my DD they said to Stay tight and alot of practice on the low beam and floor to get the feel of the move then move it to the high beam with a BIG block under the beam. After that they removed the block under and she got it - but beam is her challenge event and it takes time to get into that mental state to do it on a 4" beam 4' off the floor.

Well it is the handstand part of the backwalkover. I am scared of backwards cus the broke my fingers pretty baddly going backwards. I think that maybe would be part of it?? idk. my coach told me if i pull more i will get it but i am having trouble:(

My coach tells me to think that someone is pulling u by a string straight up. it makes you stretch up before you go back wards. this helped me,so maybe it can help you too

What I think of is first pulling up in the beginning, like they told you, but also to feel like I'm going over one of those rolly mat things. "Up and over". I try to make my back very round and high, and always look at my fingers, pressing through my shoulders. You might also have a back flexibility problem.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back