WAG Canadian competing JO!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
My province is switching to the JO system next competition as opposed to CPP. My current coach is pretty clueless about the requirements, but thinks that I would compete either level 7 or 8 since I was going to compete P4 this coming winter.

What are the requirements for these two levels, and how is it scored? Does anyone know if Canada will also be adopting the Excel and TOPS programs? Thanks for the help!

Which province are you in? Are they adopting US JO or Ontario's version? Only slight differences, but there are some. Ontario didn't adopt either Excel or TOPs.

There is already ODP, and our L5s do not do compulsory routines.

Which province are you in? Are they adopting US JO or Ontario's version? Only slight differences, but there are some. Ontario didn't adopt either Excel or TOPs.

There is already ODP, and our L5s do not do compulsory routines.
I'm in NS. I assume we're adopting Ontario's but no one can be certain until the JO documents are officially sent out.

So L7 is usually: Free hip and giant on bars, flyaway dismount. Floor, RO BHS BLO or BLO 1/2 and FHS FT. Beam cartwheel/BT dismount, BWO BHS series.

L8 add a pirouette to those bars, maybe free hip to HS or double back.
Floor a full, and FLO for front tumbling. Beam, BHS BHS, and an improved dismount. Vault is now a tsuk or yurchenko.

But that is generally what I see, not what is required, etc. so you have an idea of where you fit in.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back