Coaches Care of Uneven Bar Rails

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

kez

Does anyone have any tips on the care of the rails on uneven bars. Ours are quiet old and are very rough and hard on the kids hands. Nothing has been done with them in terms of care for many, many years. I've heard a light sanding and then rub them with linseed oil but I'd be interested to hear if this is correct. Thanks.

no, no sanding! how old? maybe they have delaminated and need to be replaced?

At what point should someone call the owner an idiot to their face, for not replacing rails that have large area's of fibreglass (or what ever it is) showing. I just don't buy the 'cover it with chalk' solution.

I don't know how old they are. Replacing them would be my first option but at this time there is no chance of replacing the rails because the previous manager ran the club into the ground financially and there is no money in the bank. We're lucky to still have the doors open. The best I can hope for is to put it on the wish list with a bunch other things that we need.

rub them with linseed oil
Maybe some Vaseline? JK LOL ;)
Seriously, not everyone is lucky enough to have state-of-the-art equipment, and sometimes we have to get creative to make what we have work. I will assume they are for compulsory kids. Have the kids work on a 'better' spot on the bar, 6 or 8 inches either side of the bad spots. Also, see if turning the bar over 180 degrees would help until you can get them replaced. Good luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back