Parents Charlotte Area Gyms?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom8772

Proud Parent
My husband and I are thinking of relocating to the Charlotte NC suburbs. Any recommendations for a good USAG gym in that area?

seems that southeastern is the place to be in that area. however, i'm just a mom hearing this through the grapevine so i wouldn't take my advice too seriously! lol. (my sister lives in charlotte, btw.)

For boys or girls?

For boys: I'd go with either Zenith or Charlotte Gymnastics Academy. Stass (at Zenith) and Enauch (at CGA) are both fantastic coaches.

For girls: I don't really know any of the girls' coaches in that area very well. Southeastern has produced some awesome gymnasts, but I don't actually know what their workouts are like.

I have heard that Southeastern is really good but to stay away because they are crazy. That is a relative and subjective term and I was told this by someone who isn't involved in gymnastics and it was second hand information. She recommended International Sports Center. I have no idea how good they are or anything about them.

Several good gyms in the Charlotte area. Depends on what you are looking for and what you mean by "good."

Please do share:). Looking for a gym that teaches good technique, has successful high level gymnasts and doesn't abuse their gymnasts either. Am I asking too much??

Reactions: sce
You say the suburbs... which side? Traffic through some areas can be horrific. Knowing whether you are looking in the south Charlotte side or the north side would help.

I would recommend figuring out where you will be living and working, then figure out a gym from there. :)

There are several gyms to choose from depending on the training environment you are looking for and the area you are looking for.

I sent you a private message but agree that figuring out what area you plan to live in will narrow your choices.

Everest would be a little commute, but either them or Southeastern would be where I would want my child if I lived in that area.

We are not in NC but have seen girls from both gyms at competitions- they have strong gymnasts with great form. In fact, Everest has a girl who is currently on the National team (Ashton Locklear). I think you will have plenty of choices gym wise. Good luck on your move!

Especially with Southeastern's track record for getting their kids committed...that would be a consideration for me if my kid was an optional

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back