WAG cliques

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

is there drama at your gym

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are there cliques in your gym? We've recently had some issues at our gym with the "popular" group. I hang out with a few different groups and get along fairly well with everyone in the gym (aside from a few "Lauren tanner" girls). Usually We all get along quite well and the optionals have a family feel, but lately the most advance ones who are around 12-14 yo are being mean to some of the less advanced and younger ones. Some of the ones in the popular group are also not getting along with each other. Our HC gave us conditioning and team building exercises for punishment. I was just curious if your gym has drama and how coaches handle it. Have a great weekend!

At my old gym, there was more drama than in celebrity magazines! AY! There were cliques, outcasts, those "nice one day mean the next" girls, so many rumors, gossip, and the most annoying "fake stories to coaches" ( "coach name!" Suzy hasn't done a single back tuck yet!" really suzy has done 15 and she still gets 100 pushups! Some of the coaches had VERY CLEAR favorites, and the "queen bee" girls would ,when they won, rub it in other's faces, and when they didn't win, would cry, be hysterical and make up excuses " I was so much better than everyone that the judge decided to give everyone a chance so they lowered my scores by 2 points!"UGHH!!!!!!:mad:

The coaches would deal with it either by ignoring it, or when the girls started to yell at eachother, would just tell everyone to shut up and do 100 push ups . Not the best remedy
at my new gym, my level is much smaller (probably b/c its also higher)and there is so much less drama, its awesome! I think the smaller, together training really helps a lot.having 19 stations set up around the gym and working in groups os two that changed all the time probably didn't help.

this is getting really long, but as a last note, when girls in level 5 start praying during meets that their teammates would fall, something HAS to change(just something I want to say after prior experience )

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back