Clothing?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Finding clothes that flatter my body type is hard. I have the usual gymnast body which is big arms, broad shoulders, small waist, and big thighs. I usually wear jeans and sweatshirts. Like everyday! But when I need to dress up. Or when I go shopping nothing seems to fit! Shirts are always too tight in my arms. And jeans are always tight in the thighs and lose in my waist. Maybe they need to make a line of clothes for gymnasts! But for gymnasts. Or your gymnast daughters. Why kind of clothes do you get to flatter your figure? And jeans. Where do you get them?

Jeans are a pain in the a** to get to fit a gymnast body to the point that I have almost given up!! I do find that Zara jeans fit me quite well - I bought two pairs in the last few weeks (i was on holiday) and the legs aren't too long!!!! I am forever looking for jeans that aren't a thousand miles long and I'm guessing this is a common problem among gymnasts. The jeans I got are also stretch jeans so they stretch around the thigh where they need too.

I also wear baggy tee shirts but I don't really have a problem with upper body stuff as my arms are pathetically weak and small. Go for baggier style tee shirts, you can still find some really cool loose tee shirts in lots of shops. As for dressing up to go out I tend to go for shortish dresses as my legs are actually decent! I find that dresses with a tight bust and loose going out suit me very well as my legs will look less bulky as the material sits further away from it.

avoid halter necks if your shoulders are wide as they make them look even wider - strapless dresses are a good option but so are normal straps as well.

Hope I helped

I know what you mean...I'm a rec gymnast but I was born with a gymnast body and I'm pretty muscular for a girl...I wear lots of plaid cause its long sleeve and not too tight and its comfortable. I usually wear jeans or sweatpants and loose tshirts. Also sweaters from American Eagle aren't too tight depending on the style. I love sweaters but I look kinda manly in some. So ik what you mean I hope I helped

I wear sundresses if I need to dress up, usually with a little half jacket. Although when I dress up it's usually for my gymnastics banquet, with all other gymnasts, so maybe my advice won't help...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back