Coach Appreciation Thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

There are those coaches, IMHO, that really care about how your child does and get such happiness from both the little and the big moments. My daughter has had more than one coach like that in the past. And, we try to give our thanks to those that truly care and who clearly get more from the coaching than just collecting the paycheck (although I know they like to get paid too!). I'm just feeling particularly grateful lately. I'm thinking I might send a thank you note to the gym owners just to thank them for having such great coaching at their gym, and naming some names.

Lovely thing to do, parents are often quick to complain, so having some praise heaped on will go miles in making some coach feel great.

I think coaches/owners really appreciate hearing compliments!

My dd has the "best" coaches and I let the owner know on a regular basis how happy our family is with her team, coaches, etc. I've heard other parents at our gym doing the same!

I agree! My coach is almost like a dad to me. He's tough and strict but loves me no matter what and shows it. He knows how to talk to me when I'm going through a mental block or just afraid of something. I can go to him anytime I need advice, even if it has nothing to do with gymnastics. I wouldn't love gymnastics even close to how much I do now if he wasn't my coach. Yay for amazing coaches :)

My DD's coach/owner and head coach are doing so much for her in her gymnastics as well as teaching her life skills that she will use long after her gymnastics career is over. Her one coach has been with Dd for a few years now and knows her very well. She can tell by the look on DD's face what she is thinking and helps her get over it. She knows when to push Dd and when to encourage her. Both coaches have brought out the best in her and I am grateful she is with them :)

It is truly a great feeling to know that DD is in a gym with coaches who truly care about her well-being... Physical, emotional, and... gymnastical? I'm not sure how the HC (who is beyond amazing) found such a great group of coaches, but I'm glad she did!

There are those coaches, IMHO, that really care about how your child does and get such happiness from both the little and the big moments. My daughter has had more than one coach like that in the past. And, we try to give our thanks to those that truly care and who clearly get more from the coaching than just collecting the paycheck (although I know they like to get paid too!). I'm just feeling particularly grateful lately. I'm thinking I might send a thank you note to the gym owners just to thank them for having such great coaching at their gym, and naming some names.

THAT is a great idea.:)

That is awesome. My girls are at a wonderful gym and I am grateful on a daily basis for their coaches. We had a little issue at a meet today and the way my younger DD's coach handled it made all the difference. Good coaches truly do impact lives (not just the gymnasts', but the parents also).

If the coaches aren't the owners, then DEFINITELY send a note letting them know who is fabulous. I think that's an awesome idea!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back