Coach Issues......

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Well we got a new coach at the start of this term and well......lets just say we have some minor clashes.

Ok well first of all she has massive favourites and hardly pays attention to the others and well i don't know she seems to really love 3 girls and the others she doesn't really care about.

second, i know you coaches will kill be for saying this but i am a more of a chuck a skill and see how it goes.........my coach is not. my coach will not let us back walkover until we can bridge kick over with thumbs touching and perfectly straight legs - bare in mind we are level 4/5. Same on beam last term i was back walkovering my myself and now im not allowed to because i can't bridge kickover on BEAM!!!!

sorry not really going anywhere just had to vent!

lol sounds like a picky coach!! im sure she will get nicer as she gets to know all of you more!! maybe she only likes those 3 girls because they dont use the "chuck it" approach? :/ just try and put up with her its all you can really do. goodluck :)

It's hard to get a new a coach, especially when they have a different philosophy/style than the previous one. Just understand that her being so picky about the way you perform your skills/progressions will just help to make you a better gymnast in the long run. The better you have the basics, the easier it will be to pick up more difficult skills later on, move skills to the beam, etc.
Just try to trust your coaches ability and have a good attitude about the changes being thrown your way, maybe when she sees your willingness to adapt to her ways of coaching and your work ethic she will start offering you more attention.

True, i think she has given up on some of us already, we don't get to touch apparatus until 1.5 hours into training! Some of the things i understand the progressions i.e. be able to do 5 glides in a row before kipping for strength purposes but some are just silly like bridge kickover on beam :O seriously its s*** hard!!!!!!! but what was funny is that with tumbling she has a very "chuck it" attitude like the other day i was doing front handsprings with particularly high rebounds and she said try a handspring front and it was like haven't even attempted one on tramp but sure. Anyway im waiting for the new skills to start coming because with all the strength we've been doing i should be getting new skills left right and centre :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back