MAG Coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
That's awesome! I hope he loves it. I bet it'll be fun for the kids, and gaining the extra perspective will be a great experience!

That's awesome!! My ds won't coach at my dd's gym, and his gym won't hire him until he's 16(8 months from now) so no coaching for him, but he'd love to do it.

On a side note, at regionals awards this week, all the graduating seniors were encouraged to stay in the sport and coach. I thought that was awesome!!!

Our gym has the same rule about having to be 16, so it will be a while for my guy too, but I think he can start shadowing and helping when he's 15. One night last week when he was talking with his big brother (who is 17) about future career plans, he said he wants to be a coach and gym owner when he grows up. That kind of surprised me!

The boys have a former L10 teammate who moved away a few years ago who might be coming back to this area to enroll in college. If that happens, he has a part-time job waiting for him. The whole team and the coaches are all really hoping it works out!

Congrats to him! I'm so happy to see that this seems to be a common thing among gyms. I've noticed it happening at our gym, and in the back of my head I keep thinking about how it could turn into a cool high school/college type job if not a career if he sticks with it. (Yes, my kid is young, but...it's just cool to see that type of support and respect for the older guys who have pushed through all those years.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News