Coaches Fees - paid for a "bye" session

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What do you mean? This is what one of our previous coaches told me. Is that bad? In our gym, it appears it does not matter how many girls compete. There appears to be a fixed rate per coach. The $60 is per coach, per session, plus $100 per diem per coach for food and gas. Hotel/commodations is extra if necessary. For out of state meets, I've paid anywhere from $200 to $250 plus the cost of registration which is anywhere from $80 to $125. Curious, dunno, what is wrong with the scenario.

NO=not paying for bye sessions. you only get paid for the sessions you work. and i'm a club owner also not just a coach. all the other expenses you have listed are in order and an industry practice.:)

Everything you list is pretty standard, except being paid for "bye" sessions. Have never heard of this being done.

The post you quoted above is in response to dunno saying a big no to my first post. I just read dunno's response and it does appear that my first post was misunderstood. But after reviewing my post, it did state we do NOT pay for sessions not coached. I guess tye misunderstanding was my stating we pay $60 per session. To clarify, that is per session coached.

NO=not paying for bye sessions. you only get paid for the sessions you work. and i'm a club owner also not just a coach. all the other expenses you have listed are in order and an industry practice.:)

Thanks for clarifying. I did think they were reasonable. But just to clarify, we do not pay for bye sessions.

sorry about that. i thought you were inferring that you did pay for bye sessions because you asked that question. my bad.:)

$100/day for food. Dang, I have been missing out! Occasionally I have been paid a per diem from the gym while going to Congress. Hotel rooms are paid as is gas at the federal rate/hour (roughly around 50c/mile). Coaches are generally encouraged to carpool as transportation can end up being $100/day. However, sometimes I just grab a ride with a parent I think isn't a crazy driver or a pain to hitch a ride with. Most meets have coach/judge hospitality. On occasions, parents buy a meal for a coach if they can't get to hospitality or run out for them. I've never of being paid for a bye session.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back