Commonwealth Games

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Who in their right mind would even consider letting anyone in that area in the state it's in?? No way in hell I'd let my child go. That's so terrible that lives were lost. They really need to cancel the games, or at least post-pone them for a while.

Here is a video that Rick posted on gymnasticscoaching.com. Seems like things are coming together fast. Doesn't look to bad eh???

YouTube - Short Walkthrough of the Commonwealth Village in Delhi India / Village des Athlètes de Delhi

I'm a little skeptical... It just doesn't seem feasible that things would go from disgusting to decent in such a short period of time. But hopefully I'm proven wrong and they really have cleaned up their act for the sake of all of the athletes involved.

Did you read the snake in the room story????? I am sure the "fun and games" is all about to begin. Hopefully any team that attends has other options!

I am not holding my breath on this one, I fear many things will start to unravel/

Did you ever watch the Nightmare before CHristmas when Jack and his gang try to do xmas???? SOme scary surpises under the hastily wrapped presents.

I just got a report from someone who is there. She says the venue and the equipment is great and the food is excellent! She hasn't seen any snakes but she did see elephants and camels on their way to training this morning :)

Interesting that she says that the internet and WIFI are not working in the atheletes village, that will make it a bit more complicated for info to leak out to media and families.

It was very interesting to read.

Hey Bog,
Any idea why the cbc online streaming wouldn't work forme this morning? I tried going directly on their site and the link you put on ggmb. Not too concerned I missed the men but I really don't want to miss the women tomorrow!
Thanks.

http://livetvchannelsfree.net/ddsports.html

THe link worked for me from 8:30, but I was dissapointed to only get 30 mins of coverage. I'll be checking out the other link I got off GGMB to see if that works better. I so do not want to miss WAG tomorrow. THis is the link

On the CBC live feed page there were two possible choices for live feed, one with commercials and one without, try both of those as well, one may work better than the other for you. Mess about with it today, the feed will be the same, so of you can see something it should work tomorrow. We just have to hope that WAG is deemed more interesting than some of those other "sports"! LOL

Hmmm..def. disturbing. Even if they do have it "all cleaned up" I fear many will still get sick. When things sit in standing water for prolonged periods of time and/or have mold, mildew ect growing on them it takes ALOT to get rid of it. Often floorboards, tile, molding, ect have to be removed to truely get everything. It grows behind and in all that stuff too. Just because the surface looks nice doesnt mean a dang thing. Has anyone heard from Flippingmolly?

I saw on another site that Flippinglolly is there and was doing podium training and was llokinf good. SHe will compete tomorrow morning, I am hoping to see her and the Canadian girls in the morning online.

Englands creeping right back at ya!!!
Good luck catching up to our tally in the pool, baby! ;)

FlippingLolly just did a lovely vault (and we think you're really cute, too!).

Are Downie and Tweddle (didn't she come out of retirement) competing? What about Joura?

Last edited:
Tweddle/Downie will do Worlds, and I think JOura is out of training right now.

I haven't seen Laura yet, our coverage is focussed on the Canucks! Glad you saw her!

Good luck catching up to our tally in the pool, baby! ;)

FlippingLolly just did a lovely vault (and we think you're really cute, too!).

Are Downie and Tweddle (didn't she come out of retirement) competing? What about Joura?

Tweddle has never retired yet! Both are on our worlds team - we chose to send different teams to both. Imogen Cairns may creep onto the worlds team yet though.

They only showed Laura on Beam and Vault here - But 2 nice performances.

Fantastic result for England. Shame Laura missed out on AA final - she was the 3rd English girl through!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back