WAG compare gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What are you looking to compare? Gyms all have different things it all depends on what you are looking for. Can you define what type of program you are looking for.

Well, my daughter came from gym last night telling me that a girl who she knows in school... told her that the other gym we have in town is "better". They have higher scores and such...

I don't know how to find this info to see which is indeed "better".

What are you looking to compare? Gyms all have different things it all depends on what you are looking for. Can you define what type of program you are looking for.

You can try mymeetscores.com or go to the other gym's website and see if they post scores. But I personally believe that if your daughter is happy and thriving in her current gym, then she's in "the best" gym for her.

Well, you can look at scores on mymeetscores.com, but scores alone won't tell you what is a "better" gym. You could find a gym with super high scores, then find out all their gymnasts repeat a level 2-3 (or more) times or the coach spends the day screaming at them or they go insane hours. More goes into a "good" gym than simply scoring high.

THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION ,,, Easy, 1st don't compare scores as one gym may spend more time in a certain level or one gym may even skip a level. What you want to do is go to meetscoresonine.com or mymeetscores.com (I like better). Go back about 5 years and play (where are they now). look up the 2008 state meet, the level 5 team they have, then click on each level 5 kid to see what level they are in and how they are doing, It is my opinion that the club in question should have several of these kids (not all) in level 9 right now and just finished a decent season. Obviously some kids will be retired etc.. but they should have some 9's and maybe even a 10, and of course a few 8's all from the same year. If no 9s then they are moving at a extremely slow pace as a team. Or if they have a great level 10 or 9 team but you click on each kid and see that none are from that gym (all moved over from other gyms) then that is a red flag also. Coaching 9's and 10's and getting kids there are two ENTIRELY different things. But there are other factors that influence a teams power like coaching changes etc... Good luck, But I guess the questions begs..... Is your child not happy where she is? or are you just curious? if you don't understand then I can PM you a link of an exiting team in 2005 from mymeetscores and you can click away to see how that team is doing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back