WAG Competition leotard colors

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Trying to order new competition leotards but can't decide on a color! Team colors are garnet and gold, so we are thinking either garnet leotard or plain black leotard. Debates have been that black will hide sweat and look better on everyone but the garnet will be more flashy. Any thoughts?!

Our gym colors are aqua blue, black and silver. In previous years, these colors were all incorporated into our leos. This year, our new coaches went an entirely different direction. Our leos are now all black with sheer sleeves, a sweetheart neckline and lots of crystals. The change is dramatic and the leos are stunning. I was actually not in favor of the look when originally proposed, but I was wrong. They are so beautiful that parents from other gyms have been asking our parents and coaches about them. And they flatter all the girls, regardless of body type. I would describe them as a classic look and our girls look very classy wearing them. Good luck with your search.

Our gym colors are aqua blue, black and silver. In previous years, these colors were all incorporated into our leos. This year, our new coaches went an entirely different direction. Our leos are now all black with sheer sleeves, a sweetheart neckline and lots of crystals. The change is dramatic and the leos are stunning. I was actually not in favor of the look when originally proposed, but I was wrong. They are so beautiful that parents from other gyms have been asking our parents and coaches about them. And they flatter all the girls, regardless of body type. I would describe them as a classic look and our girls look very classy wearing them. Good luck with your search.

I would love to see a photo of your gyms leo! It does sound beautiful!

Personally I think less is more - keep it simple and classy and it will stand out.

I love the sound of your leo kandkfunk. It sounds a lot like our old one, (albeit a different colour) which was instantly recognisable. The newest one is far too fussy imho and manages to pull off the neat trick of being fussy and loud whilst also pretty forgettable.

Trying to order new competition leotards but can't decide on a color! Team colors are garnet and gold, so we are thinking either garnet leotard or plain black leotard. Debates have been that black will hide sweat and look better on everyone but the garnet will be more flashy. Any thoughts?!
Ask the team girls what they would like from the choices you are debating on. this way they get a say too.

Years ago we had a leo with sheer sleeves - it was very nice looking but a pain to wash as the sheer sleeve was more delicate. Many of the team girls ended up with runs or rips in the sleeve. I was so glad when they got rid of those leos.

Well the trick amongst mums in our club (keep in mind my dd is only 9 and her comps are not sweaty affairs) is to just wash the lower part by hand, leaving the sleeves and then dry and put away...

a club in our county went for sheer sleeves and the older girls HATE them, sweat and nylon are a no-no, likewise light colours around the arms. I agree, black with gold and garnet highlights

The sheer sleeves were my biggest reason for not originally wanting this leo. Had them several years ago and I was not a fan. However, the sleeves on this leo have a backing and seem more sturdy than our previous one (different gym and different manufacturer). Only the young girls (compulsories) have worn them for competition so far, but I haven't heard any complaints. I know the older girls always worry about the sweat showing (who knew they sweated so much at meets!) and were very happy with the darker color of the leo.

I will look for a picture of our leo to post. It is the same leo that the University of Florida women's team wore during the 2013 NCAA championships, but in all black. Here is a link to a page with lots of pics of the leo in the Florida colors.
http://galleries.ncaa.com/gallery/2013_NC_Women's_Gymnastics_Championships/thumbnails

darker colors actually do show sweat-I can still remember seeing pit stains on a teacher in college (Catholic school-lots of priests!) who seemed oblvious to them.

_Optional.jpg
Ok, here is the pic of the leo. I did get permission from the other girl's parents to post with their faces shown :)

Similar to DD's (pictured left) except for the colors. Sleeves, cut, and rhinestone pattern looks the same. Dreamlight? After one entire season, no pulls in the mesh of the sleeves in either the one we passed down to a smaller girl or the one we inherited from a bigger girl, nor have I heard any complaints about that happening. I am crazy-careful about washing it, but I have heard multiple stories about them getting washed in the washing machine (usually accidentally) and that they came out fine. I'm not going to risk it though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back