Parents Confession time- who's Dd's have extra Leo's? :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dd had about 20 which for 5 days a week I thought was not too bad -until gym changed to a compulsory training leotard. She refuses to part with any of them on has been known on their occasional own leotard days to wear up to 4 different leotards.

She now has 5 different training leotards but only wears one- the others are unlucky apparently

I have a 5 drawer plastic "tower" with leotards sorted by size. In all, there are 35-40 ... and YG only likes 4-5 of them. The others are too small or too high on the neck. When those 4 are all in the wash (like today), we have DRAMA!

No mandatory training one.

One competition one.

One from her end of year in gym Olypmics

4 Leo/unitards, because she doesn't like the regular cut Leo and only wears it for meets because she has too.

Lives in jeans, the occasional yoga pant, leggings (rarely).

Wears a dress 4x a yr, Xmas, Easter, Gym Xmas Party, Gym Olympics banquet.

Maybe a sundress once or twice on vacation

We have "spares" that fit but that don't get worn. DD goes through phases...only wants shiny, then shiny is scratchy...only wants velour, then velour is too hot...only wants nylon, then nylon is (???current preference) I may have a small/medium (...okay large) tupperware box with all her leos from age two. At some point I'll quilt my favorites and donate the rest.

I sometimes think we have far too many but this thread convinces me that leo-hoarding is probably quite normal.

We have about 30 but many were given to us and we do pass them on quite regularly. She is in the gym 3 times a week but has a leo on at some point most days, even at home. At home, she wears old comp ones or ones she wouldn't wear at gym for whatever reason.

She does have her favourites but I hold back on washing until she's worn most of them, to make sure she doesn't wear the same ones over and over. During the winter, she wears mainly long sleeved so that does change things a bit but she's already saying she needs new sleeveless for the summer.

I will confess to probably having a worse leotard-gazing habit than her.

There is no such thing are too many leos. I've accepted that as fact. Dd has somewhere around 25-30 leos and there may be 3 in the mail on their way here. We have gotten tons of hand me downs and pass on most of what she doesn't wear. Occasionally we will sell them to her teammates for $10-$15 each, especially the ones that have barely been worn.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back