WAG Connections!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I REALLY want to get my flip flop flip flop connection on the high beam. I know I am capable but I need advice on getting myself to go for it. Anything helps! :)

Just go for it! You could pack mats underneath an slowly take them out till there is none. Good luck ;)

Do them where you feel you're able, and do a lot in a short period of time, like 5-6 in a minute. Work on a different skill that needs polishing while you rest from the "one minute drill" so you can catch your breath and unwind. Cycle through that process 3 times (at least) every single practice. You'll quickly begin to feel they are easy and that moving up to the next beam is a piece of cake.

In addition to lots of numbers, giving yourself key words really helps! For example when I did that series my words were "hands-foot-foot, hands-foot-foot". (As in see my hands, then both feet before rushing into the second one) It helped keep my brain from thinking negatively and made sure I kept a rythm. Just make sure that the words flow well and that you use them every time. Good luck :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back