Coaches Cost saving measures

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dmytv

Coach
Well I work at a city gym and the philosophy of the sports and recreational manager is that all the sports offered to the citizens should be affordable and accessible. I have tried to think of this whenever I give out pricing for team. I buy team leos from gymdigs(simple but custom leos), the gym bag has 2 options(1 string bag), local meets, we don't practice as many hours, etc. What are your cost cutting measures? We do try to place everyone on team that wants it, but in the end, a year round sport is just more money then soccer or volleyball.

Well I work at a city gym and the philosophy of the sports and recreational manager is that all the sports offered to the citizens should be affordable and accessible. I have tried to think of this whenever I give out pricing for team. I buy team leos from gymdigs(simple but custom leos), the gym bag has 2 options(1 string bag), local meets, we don't practice as many hours, etc. What are your cost cutting measures? We do try to place everyone on team that wants it, but in the end, a year round sport is just more money then soccer or volleyball.

A lot of private club have a parent organization that registers as a non-profit, and then they fundraiser, fundraiser, and fundraiser. As a city gym, you ought to be a non-profit already... There are a lot of ways to then get funds to help the team. If not, maybe the parents can start their own.

A lot of private club have a parent organization that registers as a non-profit, and then they fundraiser, fundraiser, and fundraiser. As a city gym, you ought to be a non-profit already... There are a lot of ways to then get funds to help the team. If not, maybe the parents can start their own.

Raffels are a great way to raise a little money without spending much if you can find donations for prizes. Especially at competitions and end of year concerts. Make sure you have kids going around to all the parents as well as have ticket buying options or donation boxes next to where you buy your ticket/food at the entrance. That way lots of people chuck their spare change in.
It is amazing how many people will provide you with free items if you put their logo on the running sheet booklets that you give to parents so they know when their kids are on for end of year concerts ect. Especially food places or ones that will still get paid even if they use the voucher eg Hair Salons, Get a Free cut but realistically people will pay for a colour ect while they're there.
That did not make a lot of sense but I hope it helped in some way.

If you are running as a nonprofit, check your state's laws before doing any fundraising. Fundraising/solicitation laws are different from state to state. For example, some allow raffles, some don't. Some only allow 2 per year, per organization. Some states require solicitation licenses, some don't. Some only require them if you raise more than "x" dollars per year.

Then, you have the whole issue of NCAA eligibility to factor in, as well.

They certainly don't make fundraising easy.

What are your cost cutting measures?

We do not try to cut costs in the JO program...instead...we look for creative ways to cover the costs. Hosting meets and Christmas wreath sales have turned out to help cover costs the best in the past.

We run an Xcel team for those that are looking for competitive gymnastics at a lower cost.

Xcel is definitely an option for those with lesser means.

A well run meet can pull in a lot of extra money for a program. However, it takes time to develop one and requires a lot of volunteers. A lot of other fundraisers are much easier to pull off.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back