NCAA D3 College Recruiting - When to start posting recruiting videos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know this is a wildly discussed topic on CB, I've read through many threads about college recruiting, but only a few seem to mention D3. At this point in my career I recognize it is realistically too late for me to go D1 and I don't have much interest in it. I live in NY and have many D3 colleges pretty local I could choose from. I graduate in 2027 (may take a gap year so would start college either 2028-2029 season or 2029-2030 season). Right now I'm a second year level 8 competing many level 9 skills and my coach already is working with me on cleaning up and getting my last level 9 skills for next season. The plan is to do 2 years of 9, up training in the second year for 10 senior year. Thanks for reading all this background, I thought context might be helpful, but my question is when do you start posting recruiting videos for D3? Or what steps should you take if interested in D3 schools? I've watched many videos of the routine expectations and skills commonly seen in the routines/requirements. I'm currently working on all of these skills to varying degrees, majority already are competition ready or starting competition landing practice, biggest thing for me is the pak on bars & side aerial + BHS on beam are still using extra mats/spotting. These are the major 9/10 skills I'm thinking about posting: front layout front full on floor, rudi's, back full 1/2's, pak saltos, giant 1/2, kip hop change to front grip cast hand 1/2 pirouette out, toe front dismount, side aerial + bhs series, c+c dance connections on beam and floor, 9.9 SV vault (onto 1-2 mats in pit).

Thanks for any input and opinions! I'm looking for any suggestions/advice/experiences you can offer about D3 and how good of a chance I have based on if I compete the skills listed next year.

Just linking this in here for others to read when they come across this thread.

My daughter is at a D3 school (freshman year after a gap year) and personally I don't think the recruiting process is any different than D1. They basically have the same rules as to when a coach can contact a recruit. Also, D3 is getting more and more competitive due to the increased college attendance of elite level athletes at D1 schools. Some of the higher ranked D3 schools have some amazing gymnasts. I also think that because D1 is so competitive and high pressure that some athletes might prefer to have a more relaxed atmosphere in D3. They tend to have larger teams and more specialization athletes. Good luck with your process, 2029 sounds so far away!

My daughter is at a D3 school (freshman year after a gap year) and personally I don't think the recruiting process is any different than D1. They basically have the same rules as to when a coach can contact a recruit. Also, D3 is getting more and more competitive due to the increased college attendance of elite level athletes at D1 schools. Some of the higher ranked D3 schools have some amazing gymnasts. I also think that because D1 is so competitive and high pressure that some athletes might prefer to have a more relaxed atmosphere in D3. They tend to have larger teams and more specialization athletes. Good luck with your process, 2029 sounds so far away!
Thank you for your reply! It definitely seems a long way away with 4-5 years. I know the higher D3 teams are definitely stronger level 10s. I definitely will most likely go for a low-mid level team because they're the most local and have specialization programs for the degree I'm interested in. I've watched routines and they definitely have some great Level 10s, at the same time I've seen some have bare minimum level 10 or a level 9 routine....who knows! I'm hoping in the coming years it'll continue to become a little more competitive so it'll be more of a challenge in a good way in competitions but at the same time allow me to still have a good shot of earning a spot on a team on vault + bars. Knowing recruiting is similar I'll definitely start posting videos now, good to know it can happen earlier, I'm assuming it's good to get exposure even in D3 whether they recruit you after sophomore year or in senior year!

Reactions: cmg
I know this is a wildly discussed topic on CB, I've read through many threads about college recruiting, but only a few seem to mention D3. At this point in my career I recognize it is realistically too late for me to go D1 and I don't have much interest in it. I live in NY and have many D3 colleges pretty local I could choose from. I graduate in 2027 (may take a gap year so would start college either 2028-2029 season or 2029-2030 season). Right now I'm a second year level 8 competing many level 9 skills and my coach already is working with me on cleaning up and getting my last level 9 skills for next season. The plan is to do 2 years of 9, up training in the second year for 10 senior year. Thanks for reading all this background, I thought context might be helpful, but my question is when do you start posting recruiting videos for D3? Or what steps should you take if interested in D3 schools? I've watched many videos of the routine expectations and skills commonly seen in the routines/requirements. I'm currently working on all of these skills to varying degrees, majority already are competition ready or starting competition landing practice, biggest thing for me is the pak on bars & side aerial + BHS on beam are still using extra mats/spotting. These are the major 9/10 skills I'm thinking about posting: front layout front full on floor, rudi's, back full 1/2's, pak saltos, giant 1/2, kip hop change to front grip cast hand 1/2 pirouette out, toe front dismount, side aerial + bhs series, c+c dance connections on beam and floor, 9.9 SV vault (onto 1-2 mats in pit).

Thanks for any input and opinions! I'm looking for any suggestions/advice/experiences you can offer about D3 and how good of a chance I have based on if I compete the skills listed next year.
If your
Thank you for your reply! It definitely seems a long way away with 4-5 years. I know the higher D3 teams are definitely stronger level 10s. I definitely will most likely go for a low-mid level team because they're the most local and have specialization programs for the degree I'm interested in. I've watched routines and they definitely have some great Level 10s, at the same time I've seen some have bare minimum level 10 or a level 9 routine....who knows! I'm hoping in the coming years it'll continue to become a little more competitive so it'll be more of a challenge in a good way in competitions but at the same time allow me to still have a good shot of earning a spot on a team on vault + bars. Knowing recruiting is similar I'll definitely start posting videos now, good to know it can happen earlier, I'm assuming it's good to get exposure even in D3 whether they recruit you after sophomore year or in senior year!
Since your looking D3 in NY follow Cortland Gymnastics on Instagram. They hold 2 high performance camps in summer. You can attend one and meet team members and the coach. Can also check out the school.

If your

Since your looking D3 in NY follow Cortland Gymnastics on Instagram. They hold 2 high performance camps in summer. You can attend one and meet team members and the coach. Can also check out the school.
My family has definitely looked into that! I’m going to start my recruiting account and follow Cortland. Will probably go to the high performance camp as long as I feel like my skills are good enough to show. I plan on switching to a bigger gym in the area this summer that should help me be all ready by mid August/September for that!

My family has definitely looked into that! I’m going to start my recruiting account and follow Cortland. Will probably go to the high performance camp as long as I feel like my skills are good enough to show. I plan on switching to a bigger gym in the area this summer that should help me be all ready by mid August/September for that!
You might want to search for Jill Hicks Consulting. She helps girls navigate the recruiting process and has tons of resources Good Luck to you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back