Parents Daughter asked to leave gym - devastated

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am also sorry to hear this. How horrible for your daughter to basically be hurt twice: once by the bully, then by her coaches who she trusted. You've already gotten some great advice- I hope it can help you and your daughter.

So interesting to read Galadriel's and Gymmonkeymomma's posts...basically that their daughters were bullied and THEY left their respective gyms...like I said, I've seen this happen before unfortunately, and the bullied leaving is usually how it goes down...but the silver lining to their posts is that they're happy they left!!

We didn't leave because of the bullying alone, but it did add to the list of reasons. My DD had no problems leaving and has not looked back, she was 10 at the time. We love her new gym, team, coaches - lots of support and lots of awesome coaching, and no drama!

Thank you again for all of your kind words and advise. It makes me sad to hear of other bullying incidents. This is supposed to be fun! I have talked to a few gyms in the area, but they will not see my daughter until the competitive season is over in May. I don't think putting her in a class would help, but if that is all we can do, then that may be it.

Oh, some of you have asked if we contacted the owner of the gym. We sent a letter and have not heard anything back. As I type all of this I wonder, how did I not notice how disfunctional this gym is???

Knowing what I know now, I am glad that my daughter is no longer at the gym. We will keep moving forward!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back