MAG Dave Brown meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

SPX

Proud Parent
Good luck to everyone heading there this weekend! Ds is in the Sunday morning session.

For those who've been before, it's there any particular spot that would be better to watch from with a squirmy 4 yo little sister?

Good luck to everyone heading there this weekend! Ds is in the Sunday morning session.

For those who've been before, it's there any particular spot that would be better to watch from with a squirmy 4 yo little sister?

Good luck to your DS! We will be there Sunday, too. It's in an arena, so the seating is above the floor. The boys' equipment was set up around the perimeter and the girls' events were in the middle. Last year, we sat by the rings (on the opposite side of the arena from where you'll enter) and had a good view of everything except floor and vault, so we just moved over to those areas when DS was up. There are nice wide hallways outside where your DD could run around when you're not watching his brother. Also, if I remember right, this was one of the few meets we did last year that had free wi-fi, so you may be able to stream movies or other shows for her.

Good luck to everyone competing at that meet! Hope it's a great weekend! Can't wait to hear the reports!

Thanks for the info. The venue was great and not so crowded. Little miss behaved really well and even enjoyed watching a bit of both the boys and girls. If you moved around a bit you could see most events pretty well. Ds had a good day and scored well too. There was a big spread in performance amongst the team and I must say the kids were great to one another. Cheering those who needed it and being happy for those who did well. wow did the awards drag on though, 2 hours! We were joking that kids might prefer steak medalions to the medals.

I'd love to hear how it went for others?

I'm glad your DS had a good meet! Was this his first?

My DS and his team did well. The awards were way, way too long! We were there for six hours in total.

We were at our meet 6.5 hours (although I screwed up the meet time and got there an hour early, so it's partially my fault). I can't figure out why it took so long unless they simply weren't very good at timing the warm-ups and moving them along...

I do think the new system is going to slow things down until everyone gets used to it, though probably it will be worse on the compulsory side than the optional side. Our session was not noticeably slower. Of course, at that point they were all about moving things along, to the point of starting rotations on some events before the announcement came that timed warmups were over and competition on that rotation could begin!

Reactions: sce
Warm-ups were definitely a problem during our session. They did not seem to be timed, and some boys were doing 2-3 practice routines while waiting to start competing. I'm not sure if it was due to the judges, coaches, or just lack of communication. All events certainly didn't start at the same time -- at one point, the vault rotation was almost completely done before high bar even started!

This was Ds's first real competitive meet. I have no idea how things went compared to normal but the actual competition took 3 hours. There was an hour of check-in and get organized beforehand and the awards took 2 hours. I did notice a number of times where the order the kids went in was rearranged and ds almost missed his turn on rings because of it. He rushed over dipped his hands in the chalk and proceeded to have the best rings routine I've seen from him. I did notice the division 2 awards went a bit faster than the division 1. I think they realized they needed to pick up the pace. Hopefully this will get better as they get used to the new system.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back