Parents Denver and moving gyms mid season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymnastMomX2

Proud Parent
Hi ladies.. mostly a lurker here, but occasional poster. Anyways, we are planning a move hopefully this summer, but could end up being early fall depending on when our house sells, to Denver. My DD is a 2nd year level 4 and just starting her season. We compete Jan-June (NY).

I know a lot of other areas compete compulsory levels in the fall, does anyone know what Denver/Colorado gyms do? and does anyone have any insight on gyms to look at in Denver or gyms to avoid?

I'm worried about moving right when competition season is starting and her missing out on a whole season, she already has all her level 5 skills and is already working giants on the strap bar, back walkovers and back handsprings on beam. etc. I've noticed her gym likes to win, and seems to compete the girls at least a level below the skills they can do. (DD got a 38 AA at her first meet of the season last weekend, and I think the lowest AA of 20 or so girls was a high 35)

What do gyms typically do if you move mid-season? I'm thinking worst case scenario and our house takes longer to sell and we end up moving in September or October.

Thanks!

I think that Colorado is one of the states that has Compulsory season and states in the fall, and Optional season in the spring. So it would actually be a good time to move into a new team program, between seasons.

Colorado is in region 3. Most of this region does compulsories in Fall/Winter and optionals in Winter/Spring. There are several good gyms in the Denver area. The Colorado website is COUSAG. Look at the most recent Pikes Peak Cup meet results and you can see how gyms performed. The University of Denver has a women's gymnastics team as well.

Good luck with the move. Denver is such a fun city. We always enjoy & look forward to our visits to Denver. I hope you find a good gym for your DD & keep us all posted after your move! Would love to hear about the transformation.... My DH & I often talk about making the move ourselves :)

Our gym did compulsaries in the fall, but only because we were USAG. now our compulsaries do AAU and compete in the spring.

Cgi in aurora, is a very good gym. We used to drive an hr each way, just to go to this gym when my daughter was only 5. It was recommended to us by the manager at aerials in cos, which is a renowned gym. We had a great experience at cgi.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back