Anon Moving levels mid-season?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (3930)

Hi, I am a 2nd year Xcel Gold. This season has been way better than last year (all of my AA scores are 2 points higher than last year's average). To go to nationals, you have to score a 33 AA in Gold to compete Gold, OR you can get a 35 AA in Gold and compete Platinum. I have got a 35+ AA at my meets this year (my event score range is mid 8s to low 9s and placing Top 3 on most events) and was wondering if it would be better to stay in Gold for the rest of the season, or compete Platinum towards the end of the season? (nationals are in the end of June)

I have most of the requirements (some skills I need are a little inconsistent)

Vault - Half on (all girls at my gym in platinum don't have 10 SV vaults, most either do half on or half on half off) (working on half on half offs and full offs)

Bars - Kip, squat on, kip, cast, clear hip (angles is a little low, and a bit inconsistent), tap swings, half turn dismount (working on flyaways, can do one with a spot)

Beam - Bridge to kick over (working to connecting it to a handstand (not quite vertical)), full turn, split jump, straight jump, roundoff dismount (working on front tuck dismounts)

Floor - full turn/1.5 turn, Front pike, split leap/switch leap to tuck jump, rbh

Are you in the US? Becuase I have never heard of an Xcel nationals. I know that there are regionals, but no nationals.

Are you in the US? Becuase I have never heard of an Xcel nationals. I know that there are regionals, but no nationals.
YMCA Nationals.
They have them every year for Women's Levels 1-10/Elite and Xcel Bronze-Sapphire.
They also have them for Men's Levels 3-10 and "Club Division" (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum).

Hi, I am a 2nd year Xcel Gold. This season has been way better than last year (all of my AA scores are 2 points higher than last year's average). To go to nationals, you have to score a 33 AA in Gold to compete Gold, OR you can get a 35 AA in Gold and compete Platinum. I have got a 35+ AA at my meets this year (my event score range is mid 8s to low 9s and placing Top 3 on most events) and was wondering if it would be better to stay in Gold for the rest of the season, or compete Platinum towards the end of the season? (nationals are in the end of June)

I have most of the requirements (some skills I need are a little inconsistent)

Vault - Half on (all girls at my gym in platinum don't have 10 SV vaults, most either do half on or half on half off) (working on half on half offs and full offs)

Bars - Kip, squat on, kip, cast, clear hip (angles is a little low, and a bit inconsistent), tap swings, half turn dismount (working on flyaways, can do one with a spot)

Beam - Bridge to kick over (working to connecting it to a handstand (not quite vertical)), full turn, split jump, straight jump, roundoff dismount (working on front tuck dismounts)

Floor - full turn/1.5 turn, Front pike, split leap/switch leap to tuck jump, rbh
First, I am SO happy the Nationals Committee finally fixed it so Xcel has similar opportunities to move up for Nationals that JO/DP has had for years. I have been emailing them about it since 2015. They finally listened!
We have a couple Golds that we are considering for Platinum at Nationals if they get the 35s (both are so close).
Since our main season ends in mid-March, they will have three months to finalize their upgraded routines. We also have a level 5 who may move to Platinum before the end of the season (once she qualifies for Level 6). The fewer sessions the coaches have to be on the floor at Nationals, the better, lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back