Parents Do You Share?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NY Dad

Proud Parent
This question is for everyone, not just parents, I don't know how to post something that anyone can respond to. (hope this isn't an odd question)

I was at my dd's physical therapy session and the PT (I hadn't met before) started telling me about her daughter's gymnastics. Turns out her dd is in rec at the same gym as my dd. She was asking me about pre-team and the different teams at our gym and telling me about her dd's skills...
I know this is going to sound funny but it was actually the first in-person gymnastics conversation I've had with anyone other than my family or her coaches (and not about my dd). I realized after the conversation that I could have mentioned CB (I didn't think of it at the time). I'm wondering for those that are around a lot of gym parents/relatives, coaches & older gymnasts, (which is probably most of you) do you tell others about CB?

I think if I take my dd to PT again and I see the same PT I would mention CB (why not?). But what about the parents/coaches/older gymnasts you interact with on a regular basis (this isn't an issue for me right now, but I'm guessing at some point it will happen).

I usually do, unless it's someone I specifically don't want to let inside my world. I am brutally honest here and some people would take it the wrong way. Of course, I'm exactly the same way in person, but still. Now if they find it on their own, all is fair- and I do know I'm easily identifiable. Most people though, I'm excited to share the wealth!

I think it's an excellent question and one I ask myself at times. The short answer is no, I do not tell them about CB; however, when I discuss gymnastics with parents (and there are only about a handful of parents I have any meaningful gymnastics conversations with) I do share the knowledge I've gained from here and happily do so. I do not tell them specifically where any information that may seem to come from "somewhere else" comes from. I have debated in my mind about telling them about Chalkbucket, certainly the information can be very helpful in sorting out things gymnastics but I do not for two reasons. One is I do not wish to go down the road of telling them I am an active member of a gymnastics blog and then either feel obligated to tell them my username, or deal with the issue of not sharing my username, and raise the potential of having what I say here scrutinized by them. I like my anonymity generally. Which leads me to the second reason, which is I came here on my own, out of my own interest, and have stayed, quite happily, out of my own interest. Parents are adults and they can seek their own outlets for any kind of information they seek. I don't like to tell people what to do or what to read or who to follow or anything like that as I would not want the same visited upon me. Perhaps I'm a little selfish or self-serving, but I'm an honest enough person that when I discuss gymnastics with a parent, I try to provide the most honest and objective discussion I can. Where that comes from is up to me.

Having said that, I would not discourage you or anyone else from bringing up Chalkbucket. This is my take on it right now and as time goes on with my relationships with certain parents, my attitude could change.

Come to think of it, this is one reason not to share [emoji23][emoji850][emoji23]

Some like to share their dicks with others. If marisa hadn't shared hers with the world, nobody would realise they had one, or work at getting one.

Back when i was a teenager it was not uncommon for people who had dicks to share that they had one, and offer to show me how hard it was.

I have mentioned CB to some of the parents at the gym. They know that I get my info from a variety of sources. They also know that i share information (and if I talk about a specific gymnast, I will say that I talked about her… but I don't use their names and since we don't compete in meets that show up on MSO or MyMeetScores and we have a bunch of girls on team its still fairly anonymous, it's all good).
None of them have gotten on here.

I know a few people on here in real life...but all were already here. I haven't recommended it, not because I'm a terrible person, but because if they really want to know, they'll figure it out. Just about every time I have a question for Mr. Google that is gym related, CB is at least one of the results.

I have mentioned a internet website that I frequent but not CB by name. I have met a few from here in person (they are great) and love all in the info I have learned.

I would feel weird, as a total newbie, recommending CB or anything else gym related to the coaches. I would tell other parents if it came up (so far most parents don't seem that 'into' it, and I only know a handful). But if i mentioned it I would say I've seen it but not that I have joined.

People know I do my own type of 'research' about various things...I like to have some working knowledge (hence what led me to CB in the first place). But not a lot of parents at DD's gym appear to want to understand and look at me funny if I seem to 'know' too much (just my take on it - I could be totally wrong)... I have to walk this fine line between not knowing too much and knowing just enough - LOL. Most of what I have learned here is just for my own knowledge, but sometimes depending on what the other moms are talking about, I feel like I have to chime in a little bit. I have referenced a 'gymnastics site' but that's it... there could be others from our gym on here I guess. I haven't even told my DD or my hubby about CB. My hubby is constantly speculating about certain aspects of this sport; I try to provide some insight when I can, he asks "well how do you know" - and I just tell him because I have looked it up... He would probably think I'm crazy. (but he belongs to various race car message boards, so he can judge away :p)

Nobody in real life knows I am here. Like meganliz, I try not to raise suspicion by "knowing" too much. I live in fear of the day when my kid stumbles upon this site and recognizes me. I even came up with a special pseudonym to use for her here that's different from the one I use elsewhere.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back