WAG Dominant leg question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a problem with having both legs being dominant, but for different skills. For example, cartwheels, roundoffs , leaps, and stride circles I use my left leg in front. For handstands, back walkovers, and front handsprings, my right leg is in front. I'm trying to transition to using mostly my right leg, but I'm having trouble doing right-sided roundoffs. I also have tried front handsprings starting with my left leg but they were really weird. The Biggest issue though is my split jump on beam. I Usually do left split jumps, but I land with my right foot in front. Has this happened to anyone else and how do you fix it?

I used to have this problem to a lesser extent, I'd do certain skills leftie but most of them righty! I took me awhile but I managed to learn almost all of my skills on my right leg instead of having a few skills on the wrong leg! Though I still do my mill circle leftie, I just cannot do it righty! It feels like doing a cartwheel with your bad leg when I do my mill circle with the right leg. Do you happen to write with both hands? I can and I think that's why I have some skills that prefer to be done on the left side.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back