WAG Dreamlight or GK Elite

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
Several of us have been debating which brand is better for competitive leotards. It SEEMS that dreamlight is more expensive, but I have priced some custom ones out, and they are not much more. They are probably the same as GK elite.

Anyways, whats your preference or experience with either???

Our gym has had both, but the first one (from GK) was bought with budget in mind and the one from Dreamlight was not. The reason why we went with Dreamlight the second time around (rather than ordering fancier/more expensive ones from GK) was because we had some real customer service issues with GK (leotards delivered the day before the first meet, etc.). Anyway, it is hard to compare a "lower end" GK to the "higher end" Dreamlight, but the Dreamlight is definitely very nice. The washing instructions (which I followed to a T because it was such an expensive leotard) were very complicated though... Dreamlight Activewear Garment Care

We didn't have any customer service issues with Dreamlight and I know they offer a fairly decent discount if you order early.

We've had both, and I have to say, the DL leotards were stunning!

We also had a delivery issue with GK that ended with ME driving 3 hours to pick up leos the day before our first meet!

Our gym has had both, but the first one (from GK) was bought with budget in mind and the one from Dreamlight was not. The reason why we went with Dreamlight the second time around (rather than ordering fancier/more expensive ones from GK) was because we had some real customer service issues with GK (leotards delivered the day before the first meet, etc.). Anyway, it is hard to compare a "lower end" GK to the "higher end" Dreamlight, but the Dreamlight is definitely very nice. The washing instructions (which I followed to a T because it was such an expensive leotard) were very complicated though... Dreamlight Activewear Garment Care

We didn't have any customer service issues with Dreamlight and I know they offer a fairly decent discount if you order early.

Whoa!!!!! Those are really detailed washing instructions!

Well I certainly like GKs washing instructions better. Inside out /cold water in washing machine then on low in the dryer. That said, I have been washing by dd's Dreamlight leo inside out /cold water in the washing machine (air dry) and it is just fine. BUT ... that isn't a competitive/custom leotard.

I didn't notice the cut being any different when we switched from GK. I'm sure there are differences, but I never looked at DD and thought it was cut particularly high. Good coverage in the tushy. That I definitely would have noticed. When I go to NCAA meets I often look at the college gymnasts and think "your mommy needs to order you the next size up!" ;)

I will chime in, First off we have over 80 girls on team so between leotards and warm ups our orders are huge.
We currently use both Dreamlight and GK. And my impression of both companies is they both have TERRIBLE customer service. Lets start with GK, after outfitting our entire team with a leotard, GK discontinued one of the fabrics. So we were forced to REORDER a bunch of leos with a very similar color, but they still didn't match. Then after over a year when we almost had everyone switched over, THEY DISCONTINUED THE OTHER PATTERN!!!! seriously.. So we dumped GK at the optional level and went with dreamlight, (that's over 30 leos that GK didnt get year after year). Then last year we ordered a new leo from Dreamlight ($475) for just our 9's and 10's and 2 weeks before the due date, (which was a 3 week prior to the first meet), they called us with a problem. Well.... to make a long story short, a week later they admitted that they completely botched the entire order and ended up giving us a refund. great.... except our kids didn't have a competition leo for the first 5 meets!!!!
So my impression with both companies is they are too big and could care less if they lose an account, even an account with 80 kids! .

GK! I always wear GK leotards! They are comfortable, but expensive but my family doesn't have to worry about the cost! ❤

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back