WAG Dunno, is this you?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That's Aaron Cook. He's an incredible tumbler. He's also the first person to land a standing double back tuck on floor. An absolute beast!!!

That's Aaron Cook. He's an incredible tumbler. He's also the first person to land a standing double back tuck on floor. An absolute beast!!!

he's NOT the 1st person to land a standing tuck double back on floor! and when he did it he did it on a rod floor!!

i did my first standing double back in 1971. on horsehair mats. did several of them. NEVER landed on my feet always knees or 3 point landing. there were several other guys who did do these and landed on their feet. KNOW YOUR HISTORY.

Fortheloveofsports, you have know idea how many times the old timers have discussed just what we would have been able to do if we had had spring floors and rod floors during our time. there were SO MANY of us that were SO GOOD.

what you see in the video would have been possible for many of us. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I have no doubt dunno! In fact, I believe kids where crazier back then. We just did not have the same technology to document the stunts pulled by kids back in the "old" days.

I hope you were not offended. I merely used your name on the thread because I do not know any other male gymnast and your username elicits a lot of readers in this forum; and I too wanted to hear your take on this video.

nothing to be offended about. but the other poster...history revisionist. THAT bothers me.

@dunno | I am not trying to make things up. I actually didn't know that it has been landed prior to Aaron Cook. I certainly wouldn't have made the statement that he was the first if I had known he wasn't. Then again, how would I have known? Aaron's is the only video I've ever seen of the skill being completed successfully on a floor surface. Perhaps you could enlighten me (and the rest of us) on who were some other successful performers of this skill, and maybe some videos of others (if any exist). I WANT to know my history. So, school me. I'm learning more and more about this amazing sport everyday, and I'm glad you told me that I was wrong. I certainly wasn't trying to make up false information though, I just had no idea!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back