Coaches Excel under JO jurisdiction

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

niklum

I just read this weekend in Technique that the Women's Program Committee voted that Excel will be under JO jurisdiction, but they haven't determined all the details yet. I think it could be a good thing to create more cohesiveness around the country in Excel. It would create national standards, so to speak. Some gyms use their Excel programs as rec teams, though. Anybody have any ideas about how this decision would affect your competitive versus rec team programs? Just wondering what other people are thinking out there.

Hadn't seen this yet but it wil probably be good and bad... This program has gone in so many directions around the country that it is going to be hard to get this program to a place that everyone will feel it still works. Standard rules will be helpful for judging and traveling to other states... Anxious to see where it goes!! Hopefully the committee will do a lot of surveys around the country before creating a national program.

I went to 2010 National Congress and they were talking about creating a national program then. I kind of forgot about the national program talk until now, since I hadn't seen anything about it. I agree, though, that it could be a double-edged sword. There's so much variety, it'll be hard to reign in.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back