Parents Extra Power Tumbling or Not?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ariekannairb

Proud Parent
I am getting mixed reviews from other team parents about whether power tumbling is worth it. My daughter is an 8 year old new level 3. She is doing fantastic considering that she has been in gymnastics less than a year. However, she is noticing, especially now that she has moved from pre-team to team, that there are girls younger than her who can tumble. She has just gotten her ROBHS on the floor, but it leaves a lot of room for improvement (which I totally expect with new skills). She has the desire to master it and the drive, but of course not every team practice is dedicated to floor. Anyways, all that rambling to see what the general consensus is on adding in the extra power tumbling. At the moment she is doing 9 hours per week, but her last week for those hours is next week and we will drop back to 6.

How exciting! I had to laugh though when she said at 25.... makes it sound like she's ancient! Our current top senior elite is 38 and came back after being out for 8 years. I am pretty sure with Chelsie's natural abilities she will make it! Can't wait to see it all come together!

Agreed, I am rooting for Chelsie. I may become a fan of T&T this year. I love the 38 year old elite!

To the OP- sorry to get off topic there but I think adding power tumbling would be great!

My dd is an artistic as well as tumbling gymnast. It has done wonders for her artistic floor tumbling. The only thing to consider is that there are certain ways that tumblers do things that are different than artistic. Don't ask me for any more details but people here know, lol.

Since she is doing only a few hours it will probably be great for her. And if she competes, t&t competitions are awesomely different than artistic!

My DD took a power tumbling/backhanding spring class last spring and it helped her ROBHS quite a bit. And she thought it was fun :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back