Parents Facebook Vent

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 18037

Why do folks think I or my daughter want to see gymnastic's wrecks ala Americas Funniest Home Videos.

Really I don't want to see bar peels, crashes that look like they ended up with neck injuries or concussions. Kids not spotted appropriately. Beam disasters.

NO NO NO NO NO NO

These are not in any way funny or entertaining, they are terrifying

:(o_O:confused::mad::eek:

I think the people who post these have a disconnect with reality. A real lack of empathy.

They are not the ones who have spent hours in A&E (the ER) or have watched in horror as a team mate is carted off in an ambulance. They don't see the pain on their little faces, or the sleepless nights, or the hours and hour of rehab.

But then I have never found slapstick funny either.

not to mention the surface is WET. even on solid ground, you're just asking for a slip which could easily sprain, dislocate or break something.

I have been tagged and messaged the video of the girl doing flips on some kind of float in the pool SEVEN times now. SEVEN. I've tried to be polite but seriously? How can anyone think that flipping around on something that is floating on the water is safe or productive in any way???
Me too!!! All I can think of is what if the floating thing floats near the side and they BHS their face onto the cement?!

Yes! Particularly the one in the pool. That mom is marketing her kid so heavily. I know we have discussed her here before, so I do not want to open that can of worms. But.... when the products are mentioned in the you tube/instagram posts such as "Go to XXX website and mention XXX supergymnast for a discount" can't this affect XXX supergymnast's potential NCAA eligibility?

I have been tagged and messaged the video of the girl doing flips on some kind of float in the pool SEVEN times now. SEVEN. I've tried to be polite but seriously? How can anyone think that flipping around on something that is floating on the water is safe or productive in any way???
And the form?!? Oh my, the form made me cringe...there's no way they aren't picking up horrible habits...

Someone shared the "Amazing 6 year Old Level 7" You Tube post on my Facebook. I watched it and read comments. SOME people try to correct the misconception that a 6 year old could ACTUALLY compete L7 - but some are adamant that you can compete "up to the level that is the same # as your age". I had to "stalk" the girl in the video based on comments and found that she last competed L2 and won't even be eligible to score out of L4 and L5 until December.

Someone shared the "Amazing 6 year Old Level 7" You Tube post on my Facebook. I watched it and read comments. SOME people try to correct the misconception that a 6 year old could ACTUALLY compete L7 - but some are adamant that you can compete "up to the level that is the same # as your age". I had to "stalk" the girl in the video based on comments and found that she last competed L2 and won't even be eligible to score out of L4 and L5 until December.

Hahaha! Oh my word! How do people blatantly lie like that? We all know you must be at least 7 just to compete level 4.

With the above reasoning, then a 1 year old could compete level 1. [emoji23][emoji1303]

There is actually one of these 6 or 7 year old insta-gymmies who is a really good gymnast. However, with the constant marketing of her (also with modeling) I can't imagine how long she will sustain in the sport. Sad, because if you watch her she really is talented (well, it seems like it anyway from the videos;))

But I am 100% sure that she is training Level 9 in the gym.

One just pop up on my news feed today. 10 year old doing tucks and Giants on strap bar. Mom and relatives were very certain this girl is going to the Olympics!!!! I had to close fb and walk away. Lol

One just pop up on my news feed today. 10 year old doing tucks and Giants on strap bar. Mom and relatives were very certain this girl is going to the Olympics!!!! I had to close fb and walk away. Lol

Good to know! I have a 10 year old that can do tucks and she "almost" has a giant on the strap bar. I'll be sure to let her know once she gets that giant on the strap bars that she is Olympic bound!!! :D:D:D

Hahaha! Oh my word! How do people blatantly lie like that? We all know you must be at least 7 just to compete level 4.

With the above reasoning, then a 1 year old could compete level 1. [emoji23][emoji1303]

To be fair, this video was not posted by the mom of or anyone associated with the girl. It was made by a fan who also chose the title. I sometimes check out her instagram page (because she really is very good) and the mom has never once claimed that her dd was a level 7. She has made it clear that because of her age she didn't compete last season and that she will be competing as a level 4 this season. But she does have higher level skills and I am sure once she is old enough will be competing level 7. She is very talented.

There is actually one of these 6 or 7 year old insta-gymmies who is a really good gymnast. However, with the constant marketing of her (also with modeling) I can't imagine how long she will sustain in the sport. Sad, because if you watch her she really is talented (well, it seems like it anyway from the videos;))

I am pretty sure you are talking about the same gymnast. I agree with you on your points. I watch her videos to see her gymnastics and I think she is impressive. But I cringe at all the marketing/modeling/etc posts. Although she looks older, she is still so young and it makes me feel uncomfortable. Unfortunately, it seems like it is the trend now with these young instagram/youtube "stars" to do this.

To be fair, this video was not posted by the mom of or anyone associated with the girl. It was made by a fan who also chose the title. I sometimes check out her instagram page (because she really is very good) and the mom has never once claimed that her dd was a level 7. She has made it clear that because of her age she didn't compete last season and that she will be competing as a level 4 this season. But she does have higher level skills and I am sure once she is old enough will be competing level 7. She is very talented.
I knew the You Tube video wasn't posted by mom… but I was talking about the people commenting who think that you can compete up to your age… as in at 7, she can compete up to L7 (but they don't understand that at 6, you can't compete up to L6 - they think you can). I noticed that she took the 2015-16 season off and figured they would up train instead of waiting til December 2015 to even be able to compete L3. I could see her scoring out of L4 and L5 in December and be competing L6 or L7 by January.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back