WAG favorite memory

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Domalley- couldn't like your comment a bunch of times but: like like like like like :) I loved watching that too, so darn cute

Having one of my gymnasts who'd been thinking about quitting team come up and give me a hug after a stressful summer of practices (for me and for her!)...and tell me I had convinced her not to quit. Ultimate moment as a young coach. :)

My beam routine at my first competition this year!!! I was so proud. Me and my coach's reactions are absolutely PRICELESS. :)

Also my first kip, my first RO-BHS & my first RO-BHS-BT are great menories, not to mention the crazy times with my teamates!

As a gymnast:
- my last competition, where I finally succeeded to score over 9.0... And I did it twice! That was one of my goal since I started competition.
- When I landed my backhandspring on beam in competition after 3 years (it really did take 3 years....) of hard work, tears, falls, etc.
- My first kip... one of the older gymnast had promised me she would give me a chocolate bars when I'd get it. I really got a chocolate bar the following training.

As a coach:
- Receiving an e-mail of a parent when his daughter decided to quit gymnastics to thank me and me I had been more than a coach for her.
- All the firsts, first first place, first roundoff backhandpsring,

When my DD was a 6 yo level 4. Her very first meet she fell off the beam 4 TIMES!!! But she kept getting up and she finished. After the meet she said, "did you see me on beam? I didn't quit and I was FABULOUS!" She really believed it and smiled ear to ear. I will never forget it...ever.

It was when I turned on the TV to find a gymnastics competition broadcasting and first fell in love with the sport of gymnastics. :)

Getting second on bars and vault at level 9 states my senior year; and having two of my high school gymnasts come to me and tell me that I was the best coach they've every had.

- when I saw the gym for the first time and thinking: Wauw this looks like the jungle.
- the first time a made my giant al the way over.
- finding out I was allowed to move up and train the double amount of hours the next year :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back