WAG Female Olympian Public Speakers

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That is really last minute to be booking a keynote speaker. They are often booked many months in advance (and national level decent speakers are pricey)--especially if someone in your organization is going to check them out (hear them speak somewhere else) before hiring them. Your best bet at this point might be to see if any past Olympians or retired pro athletes live in your area and do speaking (and are available). Easier to fit a couple hours in than a couple days with travel at this point.

If you're looking for additional ideas, both Sam Peszek and Alicia Sacramone have visited our meet and were great guests.
Alicia Sacramone is soon to give birth to a child so I'm not sure she would be available. Sam has come to our gym and he was great.

Reactions: sce
That is really last minute to be booking a keynote speaker. They are often booked many months in advance (and national level decent speakers are pricey)--especially if someone in your organization is going to check them out (hear them speak somewhere else) before hiring them. Your best bet at this point might be to see if any past Olympians or retired pro athletes live in your area and do speaking (and are available). Easier to fit a couple hours in than a couple days with travel at this point.
Oh trust me I know it's last minute....I'm not the event planner on this one :)

Heather Moyse - she's Canadian but has a great "comeback" story. Excellent speaker, super inspiring!

ETA - she and her partner won gold in both 2010 and 2014 in Women's Bobsleigh.

I actually think we were able to get Dominique Moceanu!! My boss came to me for lots of suggestions, and she is one I suggested since I've read her book recently.
She's available on the date we need, so i think they were finalizing things before the holiday weekend, I'm excited to see if we were able to book her!!

Can I also say that I am totally fan-girling about this!?!?
I am the assistant to the EVP who puts on this conference, and you better bet your behind that I'm going to ask him if I can have special treatment and get to meet her!
I feel like her story really had a big impact on me, being a gym parent, who followed her as a kid, her story is inspiring and helps me know what kind of gym parent NOT to be (aka like her crazy father).
Also, I have a half brother I didn't know about until I was 18, and one day I'd like to meet him, he lives in France so I know he will be harder to track down, but her story about her sister brought me to tears, and inspired me to one day go through with finding him.

I'm so happy she and her sister were able to find each other, and I can only imagine how amazing it's going to be to find my long lost sibling one day.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back