WAG FHS Vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd is small (47.5 in, around 60 lbs.), kinda the opposite of your dd. The only hinderance she had was her height. She has a solid yurchenko on FIG.....now! At her gym, there are girls probably around your dd height and weight learning the yurchenko. But they are just doing timers. No tsuks.

Good for your DD...that's awesome!

My dd is 46inches and 49lbs had no problem last year on vault at 110cm this year it has to be at 120cm for her grades she it just smaller than the vault at this height it had been causing major problems the past few weeks and coaches were talking about her not doing grades this year we have had 2 private lessons at another gym (with current gyms ok) and last week she got over once and yesterday 8 times so it seems we may be getting there and hers is only a flat back on the vault I'm dreading her having to actually handspring lol

I really wish they would allow for a back entry vault option in L7. Even just the yurchenko entry with a block.......I know that it takes a long time for young gymnasts to develop a good FHS block and yadda yadda....but we are all just so beyond tired of this this vault.

I know she will pull it off but it's just the frustration of having the table up and down and switching everything NOW, while in season......this should have been nailed down a couple of months ago....coaching switches....etc.
I believe that vault IN PARTICULAR depends very much on who is teaching it....you must have an expert in this area....not just anybody because it's the 'stupid FHS vault'...I bet that the coaches loath teaching it too.

Wang Yan flips an amazing tsuk and can't be much more than about 55 inches. Size can be overcome with technique(and a wicked fast run)!

Actually, that's a Kasamatsu 1.5. Oh wait... it doesn't matter in WAG. Everything is considered a Tsukahara in WAG!

Confusing... :confused:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back