First Competition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

My youngest dd has her first competition this weekend, she will be competing Tumble & Trampette, dd will get to wear her club leotard for her next practice so they get used to wearing it with no shorts before the comp.

Both Dd's also have a Christmas display in two weeks and youngest is also taking part in another display in January travelling to another gym (the same gym her come is held at), she will also do her first grades next year.

you all must be very excited. We did the last of the old grades at the weekend, now we are all wondering how that translates to the new system !

We also have a Christmas charity display this Sunday, then its pretty much over.

Just got back from Dd's competition, no medals but she had s good time, she came last on trampette but the score was tight and came 11/13 for tumble. Dd doesn't seem to mind that she didn't get a medal but I would imagine it would have been a different story if the rest of the girls in her group got one and she didn't.

I am not sure what I thought about it, it was different but I am not sure about the gym, we had to wait outside until it was our turn to go in, the were running late from the previous competition and it was cold and raining. Looking back at Dd's video she was all over the place with her tumbing, if they had to tumble along the line she was way off, her score was respectful and it was tight like the trampette. I don't mean to sound critical about my dd, just what I noticed, the good thing is she got through it with no drama and didn't bottle out despite having to go first in both competitions.The age groups were 9 and over, 9 and under and 7 and under, she was 2 months away from being in the 7 and under category. Our gym took 30 gymnasts.

I am proud of her for doing what she did today but not sure I am a fan of these two piece comps, much prefer the 4 piece comps.

Sorry to sound negative, it was an experience but I have realised that tumble and trampette is not for me, not enough going on and your child's go is over too quickly. I prefer proper floor stuff and vault or trampette.

We were able to pick up the score sheets on the way out and dd was in the top 18 in her level against all the ages groups who were with her (40 gymnasts) for trampette, and 9th from the bottom on tumble so pretty good for her first comp going first on both pieces, I feel she would have done better at tumble if she saw others as she didn't know she had to stick to the line until the last run out of 3 ( the did 1 run at the time each girl instead of the girls doing all 3 of their runs together).

Christmas display next, looking forward to seeing that as they are doing a dancy floor routine.

I think dd will shine better next year at grades where she can show her artistic side, T&T is not for her, too regimented I think.

The gym was kind of strange, it was in an industrial unit and had a great big iron girder going right across the gym half way between the floor and ceiling, they could easily hit themselves on it if they had a beam nearby or bars, the beam are not that far away either.

I've not experienced a tumble & trampette comp, but I have found that relative to the work they put in, it's all over in a few seconds! Even on the WAG 4 piece (well they get a minute or so to shine on floor)!
Sounds like she held her own & much better to experience competing 1st time like this than being thrown into the big time.

You are absolutely correct if you look at it from Dd's point of view and not from us parents lol. DD has spoken to me about the comp and she isn't bothered by not getting medals today and said she had fun and glad she took part as the taking part was more important, she really surprised me when she said that as she is the type to cry when things don't go her way, really proud of her for saying that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back