Flip Fest Inv. leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3rd_time_around

Proud Parent
Judge
Just wondering if any gymnasts that went to Flip Fest in January have received their leos that you were supposed to get as a gift? It's been 3 months, and our girls still haven't gotten them. I'm wondering if they ever will! If you did get yours, when did you get it and what does it look like?

I didn't even know they got one. We went and didn't receive anything. Let us know if you hear anything. I'll as at practice Thursday too
K

I didn't even know they got one. We went and didn't receive anything. Let us know if you hear anything. I'll as at practice Thursday too
K

When our kids checked in for the meet, they had to give their leo size. That was the first weekend in Jan. They were supposed to get them in Feb. It's almost May! That's why I'm starting to wonder if they will ever really get them. I mean, they sized for regional leos at the state meet, and they were ready 2 weeks later. I was hoping some people had gotten their leos so that my daughter would not give up hope. :)

We were asked about a month ago to give leo sizes for Flip Fest because the gym was notified that the team would be getting leos (when they competed in Jan, they got a bag). We gave sizes but I haven't heard anything since. I'll ask around today and see if they've heard anything.

It might be easier just to call up there. They're getting ready for camps soon so it probably wouldn't be too hard to find someone who knows something about it.

I'll check with my DGD, but I don't think they ever got them either. I know they were asked again for their sizes (a couple of weeks after the meet) and told they would receive them in Feb, but I'm thinking they never did.

I'm not sure the Flip Fest meet organizers and the camp organizers are well connected. I think your best bet would be the e-mail dunno listed above, or to try and get in touch with Premier Gymnastics which is the host gym. I would think the meet directors/coordinators would have more information than the camp staff.
I encourage you to be proactive about it though, especially if you paid for the leos. At my state meet one year (many years ago!) the parents pre-ordered shorts which were to be mailed to the participants, they never came. Only after getting in touch with the meet director did we find out there had been a problem with the order and the shorts would not be delivered at all were we offered a refund. I guess they thought they could get away with holding onto the $20 or so from each gymnast without saying a word

Well, I am very, very, very, very, very, very, very disappointed in the so-called "Flip Fest Invitational" leotard that my daughter FINALLY received that they were supposed to get in February. Instead of saying 2011 Flip Fest Inv., they say "2012 Ozone Invitational." What the HECK!!?? These are nothing more than advertisements for next year's meet, now sponsored by a company called Ozone (changing the classic name of "FLip Fest.") How can they give them "flip Fest" leos for 2011 that say 2012, a meet which they haven't competed in yet, and who says they will even compete in it next year? They are really disappointing. My dd was really looking forward to having an authentic "Flip Fest" leotard. >8-( I can't say enough how very disappointed I am (almost to the point of disgust).

That is really poor. I would write a very strong complaint. Anyone seeing that leo would think it was for a completely different meet. Go back and look at how they described the leo to you originally. If it clearly says Flip fest leo 2011 or something like that you should get some sort of refund as they were advertised falsely.

My DGD hasn't received that leo yet either but I'm sure she will never wear it as it does not designate anything to her....This certainly has left a "bad taste in my mouth" with regard to how this has been handled...and I always thought the Flip Fest people were suppose to be "professionals"...hoping that our coaches look at how this was handled and give that event a second look before they decide where they go this year...having said that though, I loved the little Knoxville area even if Flip Fest has a "thumbs down".

Well, I am very, very, very, very, very, very, very disappointed in the so-called "Flip Fest Invitational" leotard that my daughter FINALLY received that they were supposed to get in February. Instead of saying 2011 Flip Fest Inv., they say "2012 Ozone Invitational." What the HECK!!?? These are nothing more than advertisements for next year's meet, now sponsored by a company called Ozone (changing the classic name of "FLip Fest.") How can they give them "flip Fest" leos for 2011 that say 2012, a meet which they haven't competed in yet, and who says they will even compete in it next year? They are really disappointing. My dd was really looking forward to having an authentic "Flip Fest" leotard. >8-( I can't say enough how very disappointed I am (almost to the point of disgust).

You gotta be kidding me?!! Why bother sending them leos if they are not going to be for the meet they competed in? Ugh! Doubt my daughter will wear it when we get it.

You gotta be kidding me?!! Why bother sending them leos if they are not going to be for the meet they competed in? Ugh! Doubt my daughter will wear it when we get it.

The owner gave them out this morning, and most of the girls just put them in their cubbies even though they were allowed to change into them if they wanted to. Some moms were like, "Its a free leo!" I said, "It doesn't matter if its free, its the principle of the matter." I don't care if my daughter ever wears it. I'm so disappointed about the whole situation. It's like running the 2011 Boston Marathon, and afterwards being given a T-shirt that says, "2012 Pepsi Marathon." I think if Ozone (?? who's that anyway?) wanted to have a mention for being the new sponsor for next year, they could have put the original "Flip Fest" design, and in a small print put "Ozone, Inc" or something like that under it. Did they really think the girls would like these leotards?

DD was also disappointed with the black nylon 2012 Ozone leo that came a couple of weeks ago. She was looking forward to wearing her flipfest leo to flipfest camp this summer. No such luck.

We were really disappointed also. FlipFest was my dd's best meet ever and we were really looking forward to a special memory of it.

I'm glad its not just us. Why would they want a 2012 leotard with no mention of Flip Fest. It's just an advertisement. So disappointed. I did send an email to the link on the meet site, telling them how disappointed we were. I don't know if it made any difference, but I hope it at least made them think. I still can't get over the reaction of the girls in the gym--normally they love getting "meet" leos (like Crown or from regionals) and can't wait to wear them. But most of the girls took these and put them in their cubbies and some have yet to even wear them to practice. Telling.

Still no leo at our gym....thinking the leos they are sending are only going to gyms that have said something and gave them the gym name, which I complained but never told them our gym name so we aren't even getting the crappy ones...too funny.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back