Parents Floor music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

ValleyGymMom

Has anyone ever edited your own floor music? We are looking for something new and original this time around. I know there is software that can do this, does anyone know of a good and easy program and how well does it work?

I can't say I know of a program but really there are so many choices out there already its hard to believe you can't find something already in place. One of the Moderators does floor music maybe Geof could help

ENTER THE FLOOR MUSIC GURU!

If you're looking for a good free audio-editing program, I reccomend Audacity. Free, powerful enough for floor-music editing purposes, and as audio software goes the learning curve is pretty easy.

Just remember: zoom-in is your friend.

And if you're looking for places to get floor music, I reccomend you take a look at the floor music recommendation thread. If there's a specific style of music you're looking for, let me know and I'll be happy to give you some more specific recommendations.

I have in the past but that's on hiatus currently, as I'm just too busy with other stuff.

Pieces I've already written are still available, though, at my website

So, my daugther will compete at States this weekend and will be competing Level 7 next season.

From what I've heard from other parents, the coaches will give the girls a CD and ask them to pick a few songs they like. Then they listen together and decide what might be best for that particular gymnast.

My daughter is excited for her own routine! She often hears a song and says "that would be great for floor" I guess she knows what she likes!

I'm just curious what exactly goes into picking the 'right' music? My gal is a fast, powerful tumbler. I can't quite see her with calm, classical music!

Thanks!

ENTER THE FLOOR MUSIC GURU!

If you're looking for a good free audio-editing program, I reccomend Audacity. Free, powerful enough for floor-music editing purposes, and as audio software goes the learning curve is pretty easy.

Just remember: zoom-in is your friend.

And if you're looking for places to get floor music, I reccomend you take a look at the floor music recommendation thread. If there's a specific style of music you're looking for, let me know and I'll be happy to give you some more specific recommendations.

So, my daugther will compete at States this weekend and will be competing Level 7 next season.

From what I've heard from other parents, the coaches will give the girls a CD and ask them to pick a few songs they like. Then they listen together and decide what might be best for that particular gymnast.

My daughter is excited for her own routine! She often hears a song and says "that would be great for floor" I guess she knows what she likes!

I'm just curious what exactly goes into picking the 'right' music? My gal is a fast, powerful tumbler. I can't quite see her with calm, classical music!

Thanks!

It depends on the style and preferences of both the gymnast and the choreographer. Usually if a girl is just starting optionals it may take a season or two to really figure out what style best fits her -- but sometimes you'll get lucky right off the bat.

Thanks!
My daughter is a fast, powerful tumbler too and her music has always been very dramatic and edgy...not slow and graceful. We have listened to all of the demos online and have it narrowed down to a couple but we also have an idea of editing our own from a soundtrack CD. It would certainly be an original. I hope we can pull it off.

My daughter is a fast, powerful tumbler too and her music has always been very dramatic and edgy...not slow and graceful. We have listened to all of the demos online and have it narrowed down to a couple but we also have an idea of editing our own from a soundtrack CD. It would certainly be an original. I hope we can pull it off.

Share with us so what are the top choices??

Thanks! I hope we get lucky off the bat! I feel good that the coaches know her well so hopefully that will help! I'm not ready to edit music so hope they find something that works! Actually, I won't get involved because if I say I like 'x' my daughter will likely say 'y' so best for me to leave it up to her and her coaches!!

Share with us so what are the top choices??
One is called "Wings" from Energym and the other is from Floor express titled "Requiem for a dream". Both of those sites have alot of really great music , problem is we frequently hear their pieces at meets and she wants something "extra special" this time, something no one else will have.

One is called "Wings" from Energym and the other is from Floor express titled "Requiem for a dream". Both of those sites have alot of really great music , problem is we frequently hear their pieces at meets and she wants something "extra special" this time, something no one else will have.

If you want stuff nobody else is using, try OCReMix. Never heard anybody from a gym other than mine use a track from OCR (only one exception -- and she was a forum member here). It's a largely untapped resource as far as routine music goes (which is why I try to evangelize it so much).

If you can send me links to those two tracks you were looking at, I can probably track down a couple of songs that have similar styles that I haven't heard at meets before.

Requiem for a dream I think is over used at least in my area along with the one they put out new called "Pirates" and "going up to Boston" This season I must hear each of them a minimum of 5 times each. I can't say I've hear "wings" at any meets.

Requiem for a dream I think is over used at least in my area along with the one they put out new called "Pirates" and "going up to Boston" This season I must hear each of them a minimum of 5 times each. I can't say I've hear "wings" at any meets.
I know. I really love Requiem but you're right ...it is used alot. And there is just way too much Pirate music out there.

Ok, gave Requiem a listen -- I can definitely see why it's so popular!

If you want other stuff in a similar style, I recommend Sole Signal. "Time To Brawl" is probably his closest to that style, though you might also check out "Castle Crescendo".

Ok, gave Requiem a listen -- I can definitely see why it's so popular!

If you want other stuff in a similar style, I recommend Sole Signal. "Time To Brawl" is probably his closest to that style, though you might also check out "Castle Crescendo".
Thanks for all your help!! I will look these up! We still have some time to decide but this will be her senior year....her "swan song", so she wants something that will help her leave her mark!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back