Parents For those of you who have shown concern for my L8 DGD and her state meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, she saw the ortho today and they are scheduling surgery for her to have her two fingers repaired. Apparently the dislocations were so close to the joint that some displacement has occurred and they want to repair that. They have mentioned "pins" but we don't know yet about that:confused:. As soon as she has her surgery and we know what they feel about how successful it has been, I will update. Also it was not her pinky toe that was broken but the one next to it...she has been put in a "boot" for that fix-it. Glad this season is over and I hope for a fast recovery and a better year next season...Thanks to all of you who have listened to my story.

Oh my goodness that really is tough for her. One hand and one foot out of action is tough for any kid, let alone an active one. Sending some healing fairies her way.

good luck and i'm sure she'll have a great recovery and get back at it in no time. fall down 7 times...get up 8.:)

Oh, poor kid! I am so sorry to hear this. I hope her surgery is successful and all of her injuries heal quickly and completely. Believe it or not, her "luck" sounds very similar to the end of both of my girls' competitive seasons this year, so I know how you feel. Hang in there...

Om My GoSh! What a toughie! Didn't I read that a DR at the meet "pulled them" into place???? ;( Poor little thing! Hope she recoveries quickly.

Sending healing fairies and I hope she heals fast!! What a bummer to have foot and hand injuries at the same time! That makes even conditioning hard to do!!

I'm so sorry she has to have surgery. She has indeed had an immensely difficult year. I am thinking very positive thoughts for you and her that this is the END of her injuries and that next season will be eventful only in good ways!!! Hope the surgery goes beautifully and she recovers very quickly with that and the boot! Poor thing!!!

Adding my sympathy for your GDD. Hoping her surgery goes smoothly and a quicky recovery (for fingers and toe). At least she has a lot of supportive family behind her.

Thanks to everyone who has sent good wishes...just waiting on the surgery schedule now (hoping tomorrow will be it)...to gymnasttee, yes, one of our L8 girls has a dad who is an ER doctor and as soon as he could get to her, he put them back in place but apparently the x-rays show that the injury is close to the joint and has caused a bit of displacement (not quite sure what the difference is between displaced and dislocated but I'm thinking it has something to do with the growth plate as they get more concerned when there is a displacement)...I guess it is slight but they want to correct it. Again, thanks everybody..it has been yet another tough season for her.

So sorry to hear that she will need surgical repair. But it is better to fix them correctly rather than have years or possibly a lifetime of trouble. She is one tough cookie. Please tell her that we're all rooting for her here on the Chalk Bucket for a quick recovery.

DGD is out of surgery and all went well according to the ortho...she has 2 pins in each finger and future appointments for follow up and care. He seems to think she will be good as new (well almost new). Let me take this opportunity to wish all the girls that made it to regionals to have a great time and don't get injured...ok?

thanks for the update. Hope she has a speedy recovery!! Sounds like it will be a little bit of a set back but if she wants to do it she will move forward soon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back