Front Full problem?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD has a front full front pike in her routine, and whenever she does it, it is very pretty. However, she gets her twisting direction mixed up when she twists, so sometimes instead of doing a full she does a 1/2 one way and then a 1/2 back. She is a righty, and her coach says she is getting her 1/2 mixed up with her round off twisting. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? Her coach currently has her doing a ton of 1/2s, but she still gets it mixed up whenever she goes for her full.

Please tell me if this made sense, and if not I will try to explain it better :p

yes, this makes sense. i suspect that she is twisting one direction for her back twist, and the opposite going forward. or, she is doing a barani one way and her front 1/2 opposite. so then, need to know which way she twists backward and which hand she puts down first on her round off.

okay. you said that her coach stated that she is confusing the 2nd twist with her round off twist. something is not right at this point.

if her left hand goes down first she is performing a left round off which is a right twist. if she does a barani (round off twist) she will naturally go to the side that she round off's which is left. this means that she would twist right.

if she twists right going backwards this means that the twist is consistent with her forward twist. this is correct and good.

so why would she 1/2 in one way and fake out the other? maybe because she is actually putting her right hand down first on the round off? or maybe you are mistaken which direction she twists?

i guess video would be really important here if you could provide it. and does your gym have level 9's and 10's?

I think what he said is that she does a barani, and then does a 1/2. She instead of doing a 1/2 she does a round off with no hands, thats what I mean't by she is mixing them up.

Our gym does have 9's and 10's.

i really think i need to see video. i don't want to guess.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back