Coaches Full Turn?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PalmTree

Coach
In Level 7, can you complete the full turn requirement on beam by doing an "inward" turn? As in, lunge with your right leg forward, pick up your left foot and turn to the left.
Also - why do I see so many girls turning with their arms up at shoulder height? Shouldn't they be lower?? A lot of the big name teams are doing it and getting awesome scores, but I was always taught to have arms more in line with the belly button. Just wondering.

For a full turn you can have your arms in different positions, one of which is in crown, or shoulder height. Another position is to have them lower and in front of you. Both are correct.

Sorry, what I meant about the arms is that they are at front middle, but the hands are almost in line with the shoulders. It looks like they are up way too high to me.

We all do are turns with arms up as though they would be in a straight jump. I don't think there is a right way just preferred ways by certain coaches

No, no, I know the difference between arms in crown and arms front middle. I just mean they are at front middle but seem too high
Coaches/judges, any info about the full turn?

As far as I have been taught, it does not matter which direction or which foot is in cupe or passe. It should be 360 in high releve. Arm position is optional. The important thing is control. Turn in high releve and hold then down.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back