Getting into judging

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey all,
I'm interested in becoming a judge for multiple reasons, however after doing extensive research, I noticed that region 1 currently has no scheduled accreditation for California. I would like to get accredited before or very shortly after the next accredidation year starts. My questions are; is it likely that there will be one at the regional congress, and if not is there likely to be one that pops up in California in the next 2-3 months?

Chris

Hi!
There are tests all over the country. There will likely be a test in your general driving area sometime before the beginning of the 2011-2012 season. My recommendation is to look at either your state or regional NAWGJ website and find the email address for your state judging director. Email the SJD and they will be able to keep you in the loop for when tests are offered. I know our SJD doesn't necessarily schedule tests unless she knows people are interested in taking it.

SOMETIMES there are tests at regional congresses, you could email the contact person for the congress directly and ask.

They usually give the judging tests at region 1 congress, which will be in Santa Clara (near San Jose) this year Aug. 26-28th. They don't have details or a schedule yet, but when they do you can find the info at USA gymnastics website under education.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back