Parents green mom to a gymmie

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

onebusymama

Proud Parent
Ok. So as I have previously posted, I know very little about the sport of gymnastics. The little I do know I learned from my 6yo DD who is on pre team. So a few questions here... What do u call the thing on the wall w/ the bars all n a row from low to high that gymnast do leg lifts on? & DD group is learning bhs on the wedge, Why do they make the girls turn their hands inward? Ok that's it for now. Just curious....

Wall bars are typically referred to as stall bars. Hands turn inward for a BHS because turning them out is terrible for the elbows.

Wall bars are typically referred to as stall bars. Hands turn inward for a BHS because turning them out is terrible for the elbows.

Yep! We lost a girl for the next three weeks because she turned her hands wrong practicing her BHS. Hello bright pink cast!

Thanks! This green gym mommy is glad to know! :)

Yep! We lost a girl for the next three weeks because she turned her hands wrong practicing her BHS. Hello bright pink cast!

Ouch!!!!

I'm glad to know that! I'm not sure they were taught to turn their hands in during DD's rec class.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back